View a contact's timezone and local time

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'd love to be able to easily see a contact's local time when viewing the contact record. If I'm about to call a contact, and if I spot their country code on their phone number is not my own, I have to first look up the country that uses that code, and then look up what time it is in that country.

I know I can get a named timezone at the company level using the built-in "Time zone" field, but a) it isn't shown on the contact so it isn't there for me to see when viewing a contact and b) it is just a name, it doesn't actually tell me the time difference or what time it actually is for that contact.

6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @charliepinker 

At the moment in HubSpot, you will be able to see the contacts timezone in the property "IP time zone"

That is the timezone reported by a contact's IP address. This is automatically set by HubSpot and can be used for segmentation and reporting. This property is used to determine a contact's time zone for the time zone to send an email feature. "

Are you able to see this property inside your contacts record also?

I will be tagging some of our top contributors that they could maybe have an idea for a workaround in this case :

@Anonymous , @BenSBM , @Josh would you please be able to help in @charliepinker question? Thank you!

Stay safe,

Pam

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the tip Pam. Yup, I'm aware of that IP timezone field, but doesn't help me know either what time it is for the contact or how many hours behind/ahead they are, which is what I'm trying to do. Knowing the name of the timezone is kind of useful, but unless I memorise every timezone I still need to go and look up what the actual time is for that contact.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @charliepinker 

I was able to think in a workaround, there is a chrome extension (FoxClocks) that shows times around the world at the bottom of your browser. So if you are working with customers from the same timezones ( example: Europe/US/Japan/ Australia )  you can add these timezones in your browser being easier to identify what is in their local timezone before contacting them.

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 3.30.55 PM.png

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi @PamCotton that does actually look quite useful! I will give it a go. Thanks for taking the time to look into that and suggest it 🙂

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I agree, I have the same issue.

It would be cool to be able to see a little clock right next to the contact profile pic for example. The data to do this is in hubspot, so why not use it to provide such a great utility?

In fact I also want to be able to sort a queue by timezone (so I do all the Australia calls first etc) but this isn't possible since it seems the contacts in a queue can't be sorted at all.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Invorio 

My recommendation would be posting this idea in our Ideas forum, where is a place for HubSpot users to discuss feature requests with each other and the HubSpot Product Team.

I hope this helps

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes