CRM

charliepinker
Contributor

View a contact's timezone and local time

SOLVE

I'd love to be able to easily see a contact's local time when viewing the contact record. If I'm about to call a contact, and if I spot their country code on their phone number is not my own, I have to first look up the country that uses that code, and then look up what time it is in that country.

I know I can get a named timezone at the company level using the built-in "Time zone" field, but a) it isn't shown on the contact so it isn't there for me to see when viewing a contact and b) it is just a name, it doesn't actually tell me the time difference or what time it actually is for that contact.

1 Accepted solution
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @charliepinker 

I was able to think in a workaround, there is a chrome extension (FoxClocks) that shows times around the world at the bottom of your browser. So if you are working with customers from the same timezones ( example: Europe/US/Japan/ Australia )  you can add these timezones in your browser being easier to identify what is in their local timezone before contacting them.

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 3.30.55 PM.png

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
25 Replies 25
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @charliepinker 

At the moment in HubSpot, you will be able to see the contacts timezone in the property "IP time zone"

That is the timezone reported by a contact's IP address. This is automatically set by HubSpot and can be used for segmentation and reporting. This property is used to determine a contact's time zone for the time zone to send an email feature. "

Are you able to see this property inside your contacts record also?

I will be tagging some of our top contributors that they could maybe have an idea for a workaround in this case :

@Anonymous , @BenSBM , @Josh would you please be able to help in @charliepinker question? Thank you!

Stay safe,

Pam

0 Upvotes
charliepinker
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the tip Pam. Yup, I'm aware of that IP timezone field, but doesn't help me know either what time it is for the contact or how many hours behind/ahead they are, which is what I'm trying to do. Knowing the name of the timezone is kind of useful, but unless I memorise every timezone I still need to go and look up what the actual time is for that contact.

PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @charliepinker 

I was able to think in a workaround, there is a chrome extension (FoxClocks) that shows times around the world at the bottom of your browser. So if you are working with customers from the same timezones ( example: Europe/US/Japan/ Australia )  you can add these timezones in your browser being easier to identify what is in their local timezone before contacting them.

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 3.30.55 PM.png

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
rfraser008
Participant

SOLVE

Hi I think this solution does a great job at putting actual local times in front of us. I don't think this solution helps fully though, because you would need to know the prospects timezone first before you could know what their local time is. The original poster is trying to determine what time zone the prospect is in, in the first place. When you're going to cold call someone, the company time zone isn't always visible, and even if it is, it's possilbe that the prospects time zone is different than companies time zone. Please see my work around using workflows and area codes. With both your solution and my solution combined, the OPs problem can be fully solved for most prospects

0 Upvotes
charliepinker
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @PamCotton that does actually look quite useful! I will give it a go. Thanks for taking the time to look into that and suggest it 🙂