CRM

charliepinker
Contributor

View a contact's timezone and local time

SOLVE

I'd love to be able to easily see a contact's local time when viewing the contact record. If I'm about to call a contact, and if I spot their country code on their phone number is not my own, I have to first look up the country that uses that code, and then look up what time it is in that country.

I know I can get a named timezone at the company level using the built-in "Time zone" field, but a) it isn't shown on the contact so it isn't there for me to see when viewing a contact and b) it is just a name, it doesn't actually tell me the time difference or what time it actually is for that contact.

1 Accepted solution
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @charliepinker 

I was able to think in a workaround, there is a chrome extension (FoxClocks) that shows times around the world at the bottom of your browser. So if you are working with customers from the same timezones ( example: Europe/US/Japan/ Australia )  you can add these timezones in your browser being easier to identify what is in their local timezone before contacting them.

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 3.30.55 PM.png

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
25 Replies 25
rfraser008
Participant

SOLVE

Also, to your point, the company time zone isn't always the same as the prospect's time zone, especially in the era of remote work. HQ could be in LA but the prospect could be in New York or Australia. See my workaround below using workflows and area codes.

0 Upvotes
JAvondolio
Participant

SOLVE
Agreed, but that does help a lot. IP address is not always right as well.
0 Upvotes
rfraser008
Participant

SOLVE

For sure. I found only a small % of our contacts have IP addresses. Maybe depends on how inbound driven you are vs outbound.

0 Upvotes
rfraser008
Participant

SOLVE

Hi all, I managed to create a workflow that predicts a contacts timezone using their area code. I find it to be quite accurate. First it looks at their mobile, to find it. But if there is no mobile number, it gets it from their phone number. If there is no phone number, time zone isn't really relevant to me.

KGaudio
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, Can you post the flow? thank you 

0 Upvotes
JAvondolio
Participant

SOLVE

Can you please share with us how that works?

0 Upvotes
rfraser008
Participant

SOLVE

Attaching an exported image of the workflow. Let me know if you can see it. This is only for US area codes. Each area code is in there twice, with brackets and without, because numbers can get stored in different formats.

Also, here's a link to the PNG in my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NZ6I-5dk5gAhoqfg_CYqExvQp4RdQj60/view?usp=sharing 
Area Code _  Time Zone (cloned).png

RandyPeterson
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for this!

0 Upvotes
CByrne77
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

This is exactly what I was looking for. Any chance you have the file with these numbers still? 😁

0 Upvotes
KLishman5
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, this is sorely needed at the contact (or deal level). Timezone they're associated with next to the phone number would be a dream!

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @KLishman5, thank you for your feedback, could you please share in this idea here?

Upvoting here will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot.

Thank you,

Pam

JAvondolio
Participant

SOLVE

Has there been any movement on making time zone visible before calling.  I work on east coast and have clients on west and do not want to have to look in properties for IP ping locations or google the area code before I make a call. Hubspot is awesome but feels this may be the achille's heel.  Would be great to see a fix, versus workarounds. Thank you for your time.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JAvondolio 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot, I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Thank you
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

AHandley
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Pam! Thank you so much! I upvoted. 

0 Upvotes
AHandley
Participant

SOLVE

Do you know if this has been resolved or not? 

0 Upvotes
GEasthouse
Participant

SOLVE

2022 still not resolved i just use fox clock

GEasthouse_0-1652388030788.png

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @AHandley 

I was able to find this post in the HubSpot Community Ideas forum. Upvoting here will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You may read more about how that review process works here.

Kindly,

Pam

Invorio
Contributor

SOLVE

I agree, I have the same issue.

It would be cool to be able to see a little clock right next to the contact profile pic for example. The data to do this is in hubspot, so why not use it to provide such a great utility?

In fact I also want to be able to sort a queue by timezone (so I do all the Australia calls first etc) but this isn't possible since it seems the contacts in a queue can't be sorted at all.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Invorio 

My recommendation would be posting this idea in our Ideas forum, where is a place for HubSpot users to discuss feature requests with each other and the HubSpot Product Team.

I hope this helps

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
KMalgina
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Pam, I have clicked on the link you posted above. But unfortunately there isn't any information there on how to actually solve the issue. I've read through the messages above and unfortunately the Chrome Extension would not work in our case because it still means that we need to calculate the time zone differences every time. With Schedule Once for example, when we looked at the time the call was booked, it would say it in the time zone of the sales person and in the line below "local time" ie customer's time. It was very convenient as the sales person could see straight away whether it was an appropriate time, without having to calculate based on each time zone. Is there anything of the sort in hubspot?

0 Upvotes