CRM

Validation Rules on Objects

SOLVE

I have the requirement to force our team to provide either attachment or link (ideally both) on a record upon creation.

I don't think we can run validation rules in hubspot, but I want to understand what other avenues the community has taken to enforce fields at specific points of a records journey.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @04388,

You can set properties that appear when creating records. With a Sales or Service Hub Professional or Enterprise subscription, you can make this field mandatory during manual creation.

Out of the box, there aren't any ways to check whether this input is valid. A URL would usually be stored in a single-line text field, for example, and it's not possible to check whether a user simply put in "No URL available". (You could run a report on the values in this field and simply sort them alphabetically to spot outliers.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @04388,

You can set properties that appear when creating records. With a Sales or Service Hub Professional or Enterprise subscription, you can make this field mandatory during manual creation.

Out of the box, there aren't any ways to check whether this input is valid. A URL would usually be stored in a single-line text field, for example, and it's not possible to check whether a user simply put in "No URL available". (You could run a report on the values in this field and simply sort them alphabetically to spot outliers.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @04388 ,

You can create a custom property 'File link' or something and make it a mandatory field while creating the contact. Check this loom video we created for you.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes