Valid contact not showing up

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have a valid contact that isn't showing up in the HubSpot contact list. I am on the base list with no filters. I can get to the contact by changing the URL to their contact id, but they don't show up in the contact list and I cannot find them when searching. I don't see any property for them that would exclude them. 

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Regular Advisor

Hey @kaplankada 

This is a weird one, are there any special characters you're searching by?  And how are you searching, name or email?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Nope, just searching by name or email. The user was showing up but they managed to create a new contact which I then merged together. Since the merge I haven't been able to find the user using search and they don't show up in lists for which they are eligible.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@kaplankada 

It may have been accidentally deleted.  To find out if this is true, you can navigate to Contacts and then Actions>Restore contacts. This will give you a list of deleted contacts.  If both show up I would restore both and try merging again.  If only one shows up, restore it and see if it contains the information for both records.

If it is not in the delete folder and not showing on your list or in search, I am stumped and would recommend submitting a ticket at that point to support who can do a little more research.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I'm not seeing the contact in the recycling bin. 

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

At this point, I would re-add them to get them back in your system and submit a ticket. Sorry that it was lost.

0 Upvotes