CRM

PBaxter
Contributor

Using import to add additional domains to a company

SOLVE

Hello,

I have a long list of alternative domains that I want to attach to companies - for example, on my record KPMG, I have kpmg.co.uk; kmpg.ie; kmpg.fr; kpmg.ie...

Does anyone know if  there is a way to use import to add those domains?

I want to create a file something like:

Company ID        Company Domain

[46464648]          ;kmpg.co.uk; kmpg.ie; kmpg.fr; kpmg.ie

Which would update the Company ID with the multiple domains by parsing the input file.

Doesn't look possible but I thought I'd check here before setting someone up to do it manually!

Thanks.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PBaxter,

Unfortunately Company domain name behaves the same way as the contact Email. At this time, it is not possible to import multiple company domain names or email addresses. The product team is also not planning to introduce this.

You would have to add these manually.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
courtney_hickey
Contributor

SOLVE

This is a CONSTANT struggle I face when trying to keep my data clean. It would be so helpful to be able to import multiple domains to a single company because the amount of duplicate companies created by the domain rule is unmanageable. Cleaning up in a spreadsheet and then importing would save weeks of work compared to manually reviewing each company record.

CKidd
Participant

SOLVE

Really wish this was possible. I need to export all of the domains associated with companies so that we don't import duplicates. but it only lets us export the primary as well. @karstenkoehler any information on if exporting multiple domains is in the future? I know it's possible to export multiple emails for contacts. seems like this would be a similar and equally needed function. thanks!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PBaxter,

Unfortunately Company domain name behaves the same way as the contact Email. At this time, it is not possible to import multiple company domain names or email addresses. The product team is also not planning to introduce this.

You would have to add these manually.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PBaxter
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you. Shame for me, but good to know in any case.

0 Upvotes