CRM

RGroothuis
Participant

Using contacts for App Login - Possible?

SOLVE

I want to build an App with Adalo, in the App the end user needs to login into the App before the user can do/see anything. I want to manage the user and the login credentials in HubSpot. I've searched various sites but cannot find any hints or tips. Suggestions on how to set this up?

Questions I've:

- Can I use the email address already stored in HubSpot? 

- Should I add a password field/property to the contacts? How can I make this a hash field as I don't want to store plain password? 

- Which API calls should I use to check the login credentials? 

Any suggestions on how to set this up? Thanks. 

1 Accepted solution
Syeda_Fatima
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @danmoyle, Thanks to tagged here. I would love to suggest solutions on raised questions of @RGroothuis,

Hi @RGroothuisto build an App with Adalo,

1. Yes, You can definitely use the email address stored in HubSpot.

- Should I add a password field/property to the contacts? How can I make this a hash field as I don't want to store plain password? 

2. Yes, you should add a password field/property to the contacts. You can use a hashing algorithm to store the passwords in a secure way. You can use a hashing library like BCrypt or Argon2 to generate the hashes.

3. You will need to use the Contacts API to check the login credentials. The API call you need to make will depend on the type of authentication you are using. If you are using basic authentication, you can use the Search Contacts endpoint to check the credentials. If you are using OAuth authentication, you can use the Get Contact By ID endpoint to check the credentials.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Syeda_Fatima
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @danmoyle, Thanks to tagged here. I would love to suggest solutions on raised questions of @RGroothuis,

Hi @RGroothuisto build an App with Adalo,

1. Yes, You can definitely use the email address stored in HubSpot.

2. Yes, you should add a password field/property to the contacts. You can use a hashing algorithm to store the passwords in a secure way. You can use a hashing library like BCrypt or Argon2 to generate the hashes.

3. You will need to use the Contacts API to check the login credentials. The API call you need to make will depend on the type of authentication you are using. If you are using basic authentication, you can use the Search Contacts endpoint to check the credentials. If you are using OAuth authentication, you can use the Get Contact By ID endpoint to check the credentials.

Hope this helps!

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@RGroothuis have you asked the Developer community this question? That may be a great place to start. This advanced of a situation is probably best in their hands 😊 

I'll also tag a cople folks that may have insight. @Syeda_Fatima @Jaycee_Lewis @Kevin-C @dennisedson 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
RGroothuis
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for your response. I've not asked the question in the developers community, as I'm new to this forum I don't know yet where to ask which question. I will check the developers community and repost the question there. In the mean time, maybe one of the people you tagged have a solution or can guide me into the good direction. Thanks. 

Cheers, Rene

danmoyle

SOLVE

Sounds great, Rene! Welcome to the Community 😊 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/