CRM

KyleRisi
Teilnehmer/-in

Using Hubspot as an account manager

lösung

Hi Team 👋.

I am new to HubSpot and the community and I have been tasked with setting up our instance of the platform as well as defining how our processes will work within Hubspot.

The person who finalised our subscription plan decided to purchse Service hub licences instead of Sales hub licences for our account management team. 

Account managers are expected;

• Upsell & cross sell to clients
  • Handel renewals 
  • Build relationships
  • Drive engagement
  • Build and instill value preception

My question is as follows,

are we better off using service hub licences and leveraging tickets to satisfy our account management processes or will sales hub and deals be more effective

My insticts tell me that we should stick with sales hub and use Deals while leveraging tasks and automations to effective account management within that team. Yay or Nay?

Any thoughts or use cases from both sides would be greatly appreciated.

Kyle

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Josh
Lösung
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung

Hi @KyleRisi,

Honestly there are several ways you can go about this, but personally I recommend the Service Hub route. You can handle almost all of the same types of activities, but the service Hub will allow you to automate some things that will be beneficial for an account manager, especially when it comes to upsells and renewals. Without knowing a lot about your business, here are some thoughts:

• Automate NPS surveys to your accounts based on either timing or activities - those that give you higher NPS scores are potentially easier renewals or quicker up-sell/cross-sells
  • Use the knowledge base and based on client activity within the knowledge base you can queue up follow-up tasks for you as an account manager
  • You can create multiple ticket pipelines to manage renewals and potentially, if needed, move them into the sales pipeline at the time of renewal or when a cross-sell/up-sell presents itself

Again, this is speaking generally, not for your specific use-case. But as I mentioned, from a 1,000-foot view, I'd stick with the Service Hub.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
Dan1
Ratgeber/-in

lösung

Hi @KyleRisi , 

I was also in your shoes, back in 2017. I learnt a tonne from the HubSpot community in terms of how to handle renewals, so I created a quick video on how we did it. Still applies today 🙂 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGtMzLyb64Y

I hope this helps? 

P.S I also wanted to build more relationships in our accounts and better understand the key decision makers. I knew we needed a visual as our accounts were large so we created an internal solution. This solution is now in the HubSpot App Marketplace and certified by HubSpot. Its called OrgChartHub.  

Kind Regards, 

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub 

GeoMapper 

Josh
Lösung

lösung

Hi @KyleRisi,

Honestly there are several ways you can go about this, but personally I recommend the Service Hub route. You can handle almost all of the same types of activities, but the service Hub will allow you to automate some things that will be beneficial for an account manager, especially when it comes to upsells and renewals. Without knowing a lot about your business, here are some thoughts:

• Automate NPS surveys to your accounts based on either timing or activities - those that give you higher NPS scores are potentially easier renewals or quicker up-sell/cross-sells
  • Use the knowledge base and based on client activity within the knowledge base you can queue up follow-up tasks for you as an account manager
  • You can create multiple ticket pipelines to manage renewals and potentially, if needed, move them into the sales pipeline at the time of renewal or when a cross-sell/up-sell presents itself

Again, this is speaking generally, not for your specific use-case. But as I mentioned, from a 1,000-foot view, I'd stick with the Service Hub.

Josh 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

KyleRisi
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Josh,

Thanks so much for your responce, I love the idea of sending out the NPS feedback and using thses to facilitate renewal strategies.

However, it seems that the businesses budget is only able to accopodate 1 type of seap per user, either a sales seat or a service seat and not both. this means that the account manager wont be able to move the ticket to a deal pipeline. 

Is there a way around this or is there a way to manage the renewal process without deals? 

0 Upvotes
Josh

lösung

Hi @KyleRisi,

The account managers can still access the sales features, such as the pipeline, in which case they can create the deal in the pipeline for renewal. They won't have the Sales Pro features like multiple pipelines or deal based workflows.

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes