Using Hubspot CRM to track job applicants?SOLVE
Apr 27, 2017 12:03 PM
Hey does anyone have any tips for doing this?
Looking for something better than a spreadsheet.
Would you create a "Company" for Prospects and take it from there?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Apr 27, 2017 2:23 PM
If the applicant is using a work email or their school email if they are still a student, the HubSpot CRM will automatically create a company and associate it with that contact. You can disable this if you don't want it to happen.
A workflow might look like this:
- Applicant submits application form, which is automatically captured and sent to the CRM via HubSpot Marketing Free.
- This creates a Contact in your CRM.
- If they are using a company email address, a company record will automatically be created.
- Hiring manager or HR person reviews the applicant's form submission in the contact record. If qualified, creates a Deal and sets them to the 1st deal stage called "Meeting Scheduled".
- If that meeting goes well, the manager progresses the deal to "Interview Scheduled"... then "2nd Interview Scheduled"... "Reference Check"... "Offer Made".. "Offer Accepted", and so on.
- If the applicant wasn't a good fit for the role, or turned down an offered position, mark the deal as lost and then keep the contact record in your CRM to inform them about about future opportunities.
- If they will never be a good fit, delete or change their lead status to "Unqualified".
Hope that helps! I'll be curious to hear if you end up using it for this purpose and how it works out!