CRM

DaveConnect

Using HubSpot CRM as an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)

Has anyone found a good solution for using HubSpot as an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)? We are a recruitment firm and rather than integrating our current ATS, we would like to see if there is a way to leverage the current CRM to track the candidates for our open jobs.

77 Replies 77
tjones
Contributor | Elite Partner

Yes @DaveConnect We do this internally and have set it up for other companies as well. We've built fully automated Recruiting pipelines, Careers pages, job boards, Employee Newsletters, and employee surveys. We drove applicants to the careers page with social and paid.  All tracked through HubSpot.  We increased an agency's online recruiting by 140X.  You can see the success story here: https://www.eternalworks.com/success-stories/ssva-success-story

Tim Jones
Founder + Growth Strategist
Eternal Works | HubSpot Gold Certified Solutions Partner
www.eternalworks.com
JBoyle4

Hello -

Would love to discuss this further! 

0 Upvotes
MAiello2

Hi, How do you solve the ability to parse and search resumes?

0 Upvotes
tjones

There are ways to add resumes to the contact record. It may not parse it so to speak, but you can find them based on the applicant, you can sort contacts based on who submitted an application and attached a resume.  If that's not sufficient, I know our team could build something custom.

I would love to hear more about what you are looking to do with this.  If you have an example we'd love to see it!

Tim Jones
www.eternalworks.com
tjones

And you can sort based on each job if needed as well.

Tim Jones
www.eternalworks.com
0 Upvotes
MAiello2

Hi Tim,

Resume parsing and search is a must have for an ATS. I love HubSpot. Haven't been able to find an efficient solution to address this.

I appreciate your reponse and help.

Best,

-Mark

tjones

Hey Mark,

We have a client that built an integration that can pull any and all data from HubSpot into Excel.  I'd like to see if this may be the solution you're looking for.  

Would you be open to trying it out?  

Tim Jones
www.eternalworks.com
JBoyle4

Good Morning Tim -

I would like to disccus this in further detail. We are looking for tempory solution in HubSpot for ATS while we decide long-term process. 

0 Upvotes
Biggssmith
Participant

Please feel free to reach out to me via email or phone:

Robby@firestartercc.com

- Please type your reply above this line -##
0 Upvotes
MAiello2

Hi, Many thanks for the offer. Working out of Excel doesn't make sense for
our needs. I appreciate your willingness to help.

Have a great weekend.
-Mark
0 Upvotes
Biggssmith
Participant

I have used CandidateZip and it works very well!

https://www.candidatezip.com/hubspot

tjones

Anytime Mark!

Happy to jump on a call and see what you're trying to do so I can show you how or provide options.

Essentially you're saying parse, and I'm not sure what you mean in this context.  This is why I said maybe not "parse" , because it depends on what you are defining as parsing...

If you are looking for HubSpot to read (analyze) each resume and then do something with the data (tag or label), that's not a thing (today), but if you are asking to be able to search and find resumes based on a job, or contact... that's easy.

Tim Jones
www.eternalworks.com
SWilsonA4u
Top Contributor

Hi, it doesn't do that at this time,. When I built this, quite a while ago now, I never gave this any thought. I don't think that HubSpot itself could do this but there may be an app now that can link in to do it. For us though its not that critical. We use this system to basically funnel the hundreds of applications from job sites like indeed. We set up adds giving all the job information but asking for as little information as possible from applicants there. We then get an email into HubSpot that creates a ticket and a contact and sends an automated transactional email that thanks them for the interest in our role and provides a link to our own recruitment page. Its here that we capture all the key info that we want, such as availability, what shift patterns an applicant is looking for, what experience etc., Also upload CV and letter.
When this data comes in we have key info in form fields so we can easily sort through and qualify applicant, then we narrow down to those that have come through all the filter stages and its then a manual CV review.
The number of applicants on our site (from our HS Transactional email) is significantly lower that then number of applicants who initially apply on indeed. This is a very good thing, it eliminates those who are not seriously considering our role, or just can't be bothered to complete our application. It's a very good filtering triage step that takes us no time at all to manage.

MAiello2

Thanks for responding. Much appreciated.
0 Upvotes
Connorj13

We actually do this internally. Have done something more expansive for staffing/recruiting companies: https://aptitude8.com/blog/how-we-use-hubspot-for-recruiting 

A8 Labs

DSurman
Contributor

Hi Connor - I'm trying to build something very similar to this in my new organisation. I've only just joined, but one of my main priorities is to next level our recruitment process on HS, and this seems like a great solution. Are you still around? If so, would you be free for a call to discuss?

Biggssmith
Participant

I can assist you with this request.

Let's schedule a call.

Robby Smith
0 Upvotes
MoeH
Participant

Ah thanks so much for sharing @Connorj13 !! We used deals for candidates and tickets for roles in the end, then linkedin the two together as candidates applied.

@SWilsonA4u might be relevant.

0 Upvotes
SWilsonA4u
Top Contributor

Hi @Connorj13 

Really interesting read thanks for sharing. I have built an ATS and see a lot of similarities between what you have built and ours. Main difference is that I am creating a ticket for an application not a deal. I hadn’t considered using a deal. Be interested in your thoughts as to why a deal is a better option. The ability to send documents to applicant to sign off on is one that I can immediately see that I hadn’t thought of adding to my process, and I don’t believe I can do it through a ticket?

Be interested to hear your thoughts

Thanks

Stuart

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Connorj13 hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !