CRM

DaveConnect
Mitglied

Using HubSpot CRM as an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)

Has anyone found a good solution for using HubSpot as an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)? We are a recruitment firm and rather than integrating our current ATS, we would like to see if there is a way to leverage the current CRM to track the candidates for our open jobs.

77 Antworten
PrateemaK
Teilnehmer/-in

Hello,

I am new to HubSpot and trying to achive HupSpot CRM, sales, marketing for recruting. I would love to hear your insights on the same , that how have you achived this. Please do let me know we can connect and discuss this over a call. 

0 Upvotes
deeps11
Mitglied

@Biggssmith I run a small tech recruitment firm in Canada and would love to get your thoughts on going about using HS as ATS + CRM. What's the best way to connect?

@MFrankJohnson Really curious to learn more about the capabilities you shared. If not as a DIY project, would you have any suggestions on external help we can get on this?

@joshua-paul Would you be open to sharing best practices on how to go about building those capabilities?

DOMahony
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi deeps11, would love to talk. Dermot

0 Upvotes
markaiello
Teilnehmer/-in

I think using an existing Property will do the trick.

The issue we are having in order to have HubSpot function as an ATS is the ability to parse and search resumes or other data.  The workflow can be built.  The fields can be customized. We cannot figure out how to search and match keywords on attachments.

SWilsonA4u
Stratege/Strategin

Anyone have advice how to seperate Candidates from Customers when building an ATS

0 Upvotes
DOMahony
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi SWilson, I'm still working with my HS Mentor as part of our inital 3 month onboarding. The approach that I'm about to build will see me create two extra Contact fields. See my message to markaiello above and in  ore detail below.

Within the candidates Contact field, I'll label them as say/i.e. Label 1) as a candidate, i.e. Label 2) I'll assigning them to a contact field that denotes the job their being recruited for and i.e. Label 3) tracking their status as they progress through the "sales pipeline" (Note, to traack candidates separately from your Sales Pipeline/Deal; you'll need a second pipeline/sales pipeline-which you'll have to pay extra for if not part of your existing package) aka the "Recruitment Process" (which is what I've labelled mine) (consisting of the discrete steps of: identified / contacted / interested / screened / longlisted / shortlisted / assessed & interviewed / offered / accepted). I'm going to track candidates at each stage via an Active Report which will pull candidates at a particular status into a report build for each recruitment stage. Note that this report will have to pull Label 2 and Label 3 in order to see the recruitment pipeline status for each recruitment job. Note that all candidates that you are processing will be tracked in your Sales Pipeline tool/Recruitment process pipeline. I'm only going to use a second Sales Pipeline tool for now from Hubspot. One can pay for more, up to 20 discrete pipelines, I believe. All candidates will progress through this single Pipeline tool/Recruitment Process pipeline. The only way to separate them is to a) build more sales pipelines from Hubspot OR have them all flow through the same pipeline and then separate them by discrete job and status by using an Active Report which will pull canddiates with the atributes of Label 2 and Label 3 - assuming that you want to report on candidates per job. An Active report will need to be build/created for each stage of your pipeline. Candidate progress will need to me/your admin/recruiters to update candidates Label 3 Recruitment Prcess/progress field (in my case a drop down check box, with a check box per recruitment stage of the pipeline). This will act as a snapshot of the number of active candidates at that specific stage which will inform our progress and allow for client reports each week. 
Regards
Dermot

dblock
Teilnehmer/-in

Does anyone have a recommendation of an ATS that has in integration with HubSpot? 

Momenta
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I too run an Exec. Search firm and am tired of my data being in two systems. Synch helps a bit but we lose context. We don't need the job posting, etc. Just assigning candidates to jobs and managing short and long lists. Seems like it should be straightforward in Hubspot, but we're too busy selling and delivering to do tool development.

Would love to hear if someone knows of a resource to do this.

//Ken

DOMahony
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi Ken, see my reply to markaiello above. Note, I'm going to use it for headhunting/exe search. I'll be targeting candidates, pulling them into HS as a Contact. Then within their Contact field, I'll label them as a 1) candidate, 2) assigning them to a contact field that denotes the job their being recruited for and 3) tracking their status as they progress through the "sales pipeline" aka the recruitment process (identified/contacted/interested/screened/longlisted/shortlisted/assessed&interviewed/offered/accepted). I'm going to track candidates at each stage via an Active Report which will pull candidates at a particular status into a report build for each recruitment stage. This will act as a snapshot of the number of active candidates at that specific stage which will inform our progress and allow for client reports each week.  Hope this helps. Happy to chat directly via email or Zoom/etc.
Regards
Dermot

0 Upvotes
markaiello
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi Ken,  Thanks for your reply.  We are still on the hunt and have yet to find a good solution.  Will update if our search finds something suitable.

0 Upvotes
ajbl
Teilnehmer/-in

We're having our Marketing Firm work on some automation within HubSpot and have created specific steps within the Recruiting and Hiring Process within HubSpot. We're just starting to test a few of these newly created features on a new job order. I have some concerns with the parsing of data into HubSpot, or most importantly the time it takes. It's extremely time consuming to setup a candidate in Hubspot vs just dragging in a resume or .pdf profile document from a candidates LinkedIn page. I wish HubSpot integrated better with LI to bring in candidates profile information for Sourcing. I've played with a few products CandidateZip and Zapier but my technical limitations are met quickly with those products - especially Zapier. I just can't figure out how to make it work.

We've been using Google Hire for the last few years but they are sunsetting Hire this year. It takes one second to get a candidate entered into HubSpot, drag a .pdf or other format document and all the info is parsed. 

I'd love to hear from anyone who's figured out how to parse information into HubSpot. 

I'd also like to see others share specifics on how they candidate candidate information into HubSpot. I saw another reply mention the differentation between "client" and "candidate" information in HubSpot. This is another area that's a little gray and needs more work. 

DOMahony
Teilnehmer/-in

Hello ajbl, see my reply to markaiello in this thread. I'm happy to partner with you as I explore how to build out HS into an ATS. I will be trialling CandidateZip and will report back to this thread on how it performs within Hubspot.
Regards
Dermot

0 Upvotes
Biggssmith
Teilnehmer/-in

0 Upvotes
markaiello
Teilnehmer/-in

Thanks for your response.  We are still in the process of figuring this out and will post a solution if we find one.  Please keep us posted on your progress.

keenlaima
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi there, 

so right now we have candidates (b2c--> Job applicants) and clients ( b2b --> Potential partner/clients) we've categorized them like that and we are using the service tools from hubspot for recruiters. We are a recruitment agency for recruiters, this is the reason why we are working like this so I am not sure if it's applicable for you. 

Basically, when someone applies on a form it creates a new ticket that is assigned to a recruiter and we also have a live chatbot which also gets assigned to a recruiter or live notification within slack. 

When someone applies, they can upload their CV in the form and it gets uploads as a Document in their contact details. We are obviously also missing a CV parser that would be a dream or a new tab on top where the CV gets attached so it's super easy for recruiters to find that info. Now they have to scroll down into the activities to find it. 

We are also missing a connection between Linkedin applications and Hubspot ( that would be a dream ). 

I would love it if I could have contact from someone at Hubspot to work on an ATS development as we are super far already in this. 

DOMahony
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi keenlaima, some good tips here. Thanks for sharing. Could we get together so that I could learn some insights from you on your work so far?
Regards D

0 Upvotes
Biggssmith
Teilnehmer/-in

hssandesh
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hi, I run a recruitment agency and trying our various permutation and combinations to get Hubspot as a standalone ATS for our recruitment. We however use an ATS as well. Could you please share your company website?
0 Upvotes
ajbl
Teilnehmer/-in

Thank you for your reply/post and information. Can I ask what specific HubSpot tools for Recruiters are you using? From your post - "we are using the service tools from hubspot for recruiters".

Thank you

0 Upvotes
keenlaima
Teilnehmer/-in

We are only using HubSpot "service -- Tickets" 

0 Upvotes
markaiello
Teilnehmer/-in

Thanks.  Appreciate your response and outlining your solution.  I will repost our solution once we finish our testing.