Using HubSpot CRM as an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)

New Contributor

Has anyone found a good solution for using HubSpot as an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)? We are a recruitment firm and rather than integrating our current ATS, we would like to see if there is a way to leverage the current CRM to track the candidates for our open jobs.

0 Upvotes
13 Replies 13
Community Superstar

In isolation, HubSpot is capable of easily handling all the following essential features of applicant tracking systems (ATS's)...
- Career page hosting.
- Job distribution.
- Receiving and sorting applications.
- Resume storage.
- Collaborating with teammates.
- Messaging and interview schedulers.
- Onboarding tools.
- Social sharing.

Additionally, HubSpot easily handles the following items typically absent from traditional ATS's.
- Webpage hosting.

- Ads management.
- Blogging.
- Advanced email marketing.
- Advanced sales CRM (and tools).
- Native video meeting integration.

The above withstanding, challenges will mount as your need to separate applicant data from CLIENT data increases. As long as you plan early and thoroughly, should be able to bring most functionality into HubSpot.

-ps

Not recommended as a DIY (do it yourself) project.

Regular Contributor | Gold Partner

Dave, we've built a effective hiring engine in HubSpot. Among other basic ATS functions, this automated system:

• Qualifies candidates
  • Educates them on the company culture and position (sells them on the role)
  • Asks qualified candidates to complete homework or assessments (and tracks it)
  • Notifies hiring managers when the cream of the crop is ready to be reviewed. 
  • Automates the process of getting on the hiring managers calendar for an initial interview.

While it is very flexible to accomodate different companies, processes, and positions, this engine removes a lot of the manual admin work from the process so that the best candidates simply show up on your calnedar when the time is right.

Occasional Contributor

Hi there, 

I am currently using Hubspot as an ATS but have to admit that it is quite long the procedure to build a page, build a form, build CTA etc - Do you have any tricks for that or shorter ways? Now every time we are pushing a new vacancy online we have to create ( 1. blog page, 1 landing page, 1 form, 1 CTA )

I would be curious to know what others are doing to reduce this and be more efficient 

Also is there anyone using a multi-job poster linked to the vacancies they build in Hubspot? 

Cheerio! 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi There, We are investigating the possibility of using HS as an ATS and have not come to a conclusion yet.   Will let you know what we learn when we complete our analysis.

Occasional Contributor

Hi, I run a Recruitment Firm and yes it is very much possible to replicate the features of an ATS with Hubspot (i would say most of the features). Yet, you won't get that user friendliness while using Hubspot as a standalone ATS and quite a few features would still be missing.

Candidate Management is very crucial and has taken a dramatic turn in the last couple years. Tools like Hubspot although a challenge to be fully deployed still can be meaningful if you havd a dedicated ATS and use Hubspot for Client Management.

I'm using Hubspot to track New/Old clients and also experimenting how it pans out for Candidate Management. (I have a dedicated ATS by the way)

Anyways, Give this a shot, maybe you will dicover new ways which most didn't (using Hubspot as an ATS)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi @DaveConnect, I am curious to see if you have been able to test HubSpot CRM's applicant tracking capabilities.  I found a product called CandidateZip which claims to be able to parse resumes into HubSpot CRM.  It appears to work in the demo however I have not trialed it yet.  Please let me know if you have learned more.  Thanks, -Mark

New Contributor

We're having our Marketing Firm work on some automation within HubSpot and have created specific steps within the Recruiting and Hiring Process within HubSpot. We're just starting to test a few of these newly created features on a new job order. I have some concerns with the parsing of data into HubSpot, or most importantly the time it takes. It's extremely time consuming to setup a candidate in Hubspot vs just dragging in a resume or .pdf profile document from a candidates LinkedIn page. I wish HubSpot integrated better with LI to bring in candidates profile information for Sourcing. I've played with a few products CandidateZip and Zapier but my technical limitations are met quickly with those products - especially Zapier. I just can't figure out how to make it work.

We've been using Google Hire for the last few years but they are sunsetting Hire this year. It takes one second to get a candidate entered into HubSpot, drag a .pdf or other format document and all the info is parsed. 

I'd love to hear from anyone who's figured out how to parse information into HubSpot. 

I'd also like to see others share specifics on how they candidate candidate information into HubSpot. I saw another reply mention the differentation between "client" and "candidate" information in HubSpot. This is another area that's a little gray and needs more work. 

Occasional Contributor

Hi there, 

so right now we have candidates (b2c--> Job applicants) and clients ( b2b --> Potential partner/clients) we've categorized them like that and we are using the service tools from hubspot for recruiters. We are a recruitment agency for recruiters, this is the reason why we are working like this so I am not sure if it's applicable for you. 

Basically, when someone applies on a form it creates a new ticket that is assigned to a recruiter and we also have a live chatbot which also gets assigned to a recruiter or live notification within slack. 

When someone applies, they can upload their CV in the form and it gets uploads as a Document in their contact details. We are obviously also missing a CV parser that would be a dream or a new tab on top where the CV gets attached so it's super easy for recruiters to find that info. Now they have to scroll down into the activities to find it. 

We are also missing a connection between Linkedin applications and Hubspot ( that would be a dream ). 

I would love it if I could have contact from someone at Hubspot to work on an ATS development as we are super far already in this. 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks.  Appreciate your response and outlining your solution.  I will repost our solution once we finish our testing.

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply/post and information. Can I ask what specific HubSpot tools for Recruiters are you using? From your post - "we are using the service tools from hubspot for recruiters".

Thank you

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

We are only using HubSpot "service -- Tickets" 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor
Hi, I run a recruitment agency and trying our various permutation and combinations to get Hubspot as a standalone ATS for our recruitment. We however use an ATS as well. Could you please share your company website?
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response.  We are still in the process of figuring this out and will post a solution if we find one.  Please keep us posted on your progress.

0 Upvotes