CRM

JulDes

Using HS Project & Tasks in a deal / transaction

SOLVE

Hi Everyone

I've got a pipeline set up with a particular stage where my transactions goes into "delivery mode".

I would like to use HS project & tasks to monitor the delivery. It seems like Projects and Deals are not related.

Is there anyway where I could launch a project in that delivery stage ? and basically access the project from the transaction itself.

Many thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JulDes happy to share some insights on Projects vs Deals.

Projects are primarily a marketing function and project management tool that is task based, with options to create templates and assign marketing tasks.

Deals are a sales function and have their own associated tasks, typically related to the customer and sales team members.

There is a lot of automation you can trigger from deals, but there aren't any project related tasks or processes that can be triggered with automation.

There are many PM tools that integrate with HubSpot in different ways, many of which can work with your sales pipeline - I would start there to see if you can find one that will work for your use case.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @JulDes happy to share some insights on Projects vs Deals.

Projects are primarily a marketing function and project management tool that is task based, with options to create templates and assign marketing tasks.

Deals are a sales function and have their own associated tasks, typically related to the customer and sales team members.

There is a lot of automation you can trigger from deals, but there aren't any project related tasks or processes that can be triggered with automation.

There are many PM tools that integrate with HubSpot in different ways, many of which can work with your sales pipeline - I would start there to see if you can find one that will work for your use case.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

JulDes

SOLVE
Thank you for sharing your insights. I'll look into that and follow your
link. Julien
Jnix284

SOLVE

You're welcome @JulDes , I hope you find a solution that'll work for your needs!

0 Upvotes