CRM

RICWAH
Contributor

Users changing Deal Create Date - how to stop?

SOLVE

I have trouble with some sales reps changing the Deals Create date. Why? Since we started measuring how many deals they are creating for a specific time period, some of them have found this property useful and are changing the date to make them look better than they are 😞

This is a property that no one should be able to change. This is for logging purposes only. Not even a super-admin should be able to change it.

Is there any way to lock this property?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @RICWAH,

Yes, there is! Navigate to Menu > Settings > Properties > Filter by Deal properties > Search for Create date. When you click on the property, you should see an option below the name, "Assign Users & Teams". This is where you select users and teams who can edit this property.

edit.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
RICWAH
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanx! Your solution is correct 🙂

But unfortunately field level permissions is only available in the Enterprise license. We only have the Professional license. I think this functionality should not be depending on the license you use. For me this is a standard feature if the develop team follow the principles "security by design". Wrong thinking by the Hubspot team 😞   Don't let those marketing boys fool around with security features like this.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @RICWAH,

Yes, there is! Navigate to Menu > Settings > Properties > Filter by Deal properties > Search for Create date. When you click on the property, you should see an option below the name, "Assign Users & Teams". This is where you select users and teams who can edit this property.

edit.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.