CRM

PBa

User permissions mixup

SOLVE

Hi,

I have given a newly created employee the same rights as another long-standing employee (works over 1 year with Hubspot)

The old employee can now no longer see and call contacts now, although the new one can DESPITE the same settings for unassigned contacts etc.

The first picture shows the access rights of the old employee (in the meantime even set to all), who could still not call a contact (which only works if the contact is explicitly assigned to him)

image-Oct-13-2022-09-48-17-40-AM.png

And the second picture is the new employee, who is only allowed to contact assigned contacts + unassigned ones, but sees and can also contact all contacts (despite these more limited permissions).

image-Oct-13-2022-09-48-59-07-AM.png

Thank you for your solution!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

User permissions mixup

SOLVE

Hi @PBa,

Thanks for sharing context and screenshots.

First things first: 'Communicate' permissions are independent of what you shared. There is a separate setting further down.

karstenkoehler_0-1665658662370.png

That leaves the view access. So just to confirm, employee 1 has view everything permissions but does not see all contacts. Employee 2 has owned only + unassigned permissions but sees all contacts. Correct?

A few questions:

• How exactly have you checked whether employee 1 and employee 2 can see a contact? (I assume that you picked a contact which was assigned to employee 1 or any other employee except employee 2 and asked employee 1 and 2 to open the link. Correct?)
  • Are you using business units in your portal?
  • Have you tried assigning a default permission set, and then changing back to the original permissions?

In any case, very strange issue.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

User permissions mixup

SOLVE

Hi @PBa,

Thanks for sharing context and screenshots.

First things first: 'Communicate' permissions are independent of what you shared. There is a separate setting further down.

karstenkoehler_0-1665658662370.png

That leaves the view access. So just to confirm, employee 1 has view everything permissions but does not see all contacts. Employee 2 has owned only + unassigned permissions but sees all contacts. Correct?

A few questions:

• How exactly have you checked whether employee 1 and employee 2 can see a contact? (I assume that you picked a contact which was assigned to employee 1 or any other employee except employee 2 and asked employee 1 and 2 to open the link. Correct?)
  • Are you using business units in your portal?
  • Have you tried assigning a default permission set, and then changing back to the original permissions?

In any case, very strange issue.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PBa

User permissions mixup

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten, it was exactly that communication button!