User Permission Required to Add notes and upload files to a deal

Esteemed Contributor

We have some users that only need the ability to add a note and/or attach/upload a file to a deal. I don't want them to have edit everything permission. Is this the only viable user setting or can they add note and upload without having edit permission on a deal?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @lisat2m ,

Currently, the only options for segmenting deal permissions fall along two axes: 

• Ownership: Does the user have permission to interact with only their own deals, those owned by their team, or all deals?  You can also choose whether they can see unassigned deals
  • Interaction: For the deals in the specified category, can the user edit them or only look at them?  

There isn't a way to further specify what types of edits can be made to deal records; if a user can edit a record, they can make any edit they wish.  

You can find a full guide to our Sales user permissions here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/hubspot-user-roles-guide#sales

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks. That's what I thought. If I allow edit to ensure they can leave notes and upload, that opens the door to edit anything. Otherwise, not allowing edits means they don't have access to leave a note or upload. I know there's the history of changes I can always refer to just hoping to catch on the front end.

0 Upvotes