CRM

PaVo

Useful workflow for property exchange between contacts and companys.

Hey guys,

I have trouble to determine a useful / meaningful workflow for the exchange of properties between contacts and companys.

Usually we only work with contacts because we reach the decision maker almost always right away so we are storing relevant properties for the qualification process right in the contacts profile in custom fields. The problem occurs when another person of the organisation enters our CRM through a newsletter subscription.

Is there a way or do you guys have an idea to structure these properties so newly created leads get the same properties as other contacts in that organisation? Or should I mainly work with companies as leads altogether? Then I would have the question how I can exchange the information between contacts and companies.

Best regards

Paul

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
doneill
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Useful workflow for property exchange between contacts and companys.

Hey @PaVo!

Thanks for reaching out! You can do this with a workflow. A workflow can be used to copy property values from one object to another however when copying from contact to the company you may run into some issues as a company can be associated with multiple contact. So you need to follow this blog post which explains how to set this up correctly.  It's also a good idea t check out the compatible property types for copying via workflows here.

0 Upvotes