CRM

ShaunBosman

Usage logs - suspect a rep is changing the ownership of contacts & companies

SOLVE

Hi, I hope that someone can help. I suspect that representatives in my company are changing the ownership records and deleting posts out of the CRM. Is there somewhere that I can track this and see if this is happening?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I suspect that representatives in my company are changing the ownership records and deleting posts out of the CRM. Is there somewhere that I can track this and see if this is happening??

Short A: Absolutely.

- see image

HubSpot Contact Owner HistoryHubSpot Contact Owner History

HubSpot Contact Owner History shows all changes made by all sources including other owners, Company sync, Workflows, etc..

Longer A:

Contact Owner History

Visibility into Contact Owner history can be a bit tricky since, in many portals, Contact Owner is tied to Company owner. In either case, HOW the Contact Owner was assigned/updated is shown in the history. (image above)

You may access the Contact Owner history from within the Contact. Simply scroll to where Contact Owner is shown and click on the 'History' button next to the property. This data is auto-maintained by HubSpot and cannot be deleted.

- see image

HubSpot Contact Owner History ButtonHubSpot Contact Owner History Button

Company Owner History

Visibility into Company Owner history is fairly straight forward. A Company Owner history similar to Contact Owner history also exists and is auto-maintained by HubSpot as read-only data.

Deleting Posts

Destruction of company data is a crime in many jurisdictions and is a particularly nasty issue whose culprits require more work to uncover. For the sake of security we will not post proposed solutions to this activity in this open forum.

That being said, if utilizing the Contact Owner history &/or Company Owner history doesn't uncover your perpetrator(s) feel free to reach out directly for private discussion. Usually we can put a quick stop to this behavior once the culprits know that we have the power to discover them and take corrective action in HubSpot, in human terms, or both.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I suspect that representatives in my company are changing the ownership records and deleting posts out of the CRM. Is there somewhere that I can track this and see if this is happening??

Short A: Absolutely.

- see image

HubSpot Contact Owner HistoryHubSpot Contact Owner History

HubSpot Contact Owner History shows all changes made by all sources including other owners, Company sync, Workflows, etc..

Longer A:

Contact Owner History

Visibility into Contact Owner history can be a bit tricky since, in many portals, Contact Owner is tied to Company owner. In either case, HOW the Contact Owner was assigned/updated is shown in the history. (image above)

You may access the Contact Owner history from within the Contact. Simply scroll to where Contact Owner is shown and click on the 'History' button next to the property. This data is auto-maintained by HubSpot and cannot be deleted.

- see image

HubSpot Contact Owner History ButtonHubSpot Contact Owner History Button

Company Owner History

Visibility into Company Owner history is fairly straight forward. A Company Owner history similar to Contact Owner history also exists and is auto-maintained by HubSpot as read-only data.

Deleting Posts

Destruction of company data is a crime in many jurisdictions and is a particularly nasty issue whose culprits require more work to uncover. For the sake of security we will not post proposed solutions to this activity in this open forum.

That being said, if utilizing the Contact Owner history &/or Company Owner history doesn't uncover your perpetrator(s) feel free to reach out directly for private discussion. Usually we can put a quick stop to this behavior once the culprits know that we have the power to discover them and take corrective action in HubSpot, in human terms, or both.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes