CRM

JDK
Mitglied

Uploading contacts and clearing fields

lösung

Hey guys

When uploading contacts, is this true: "HubSpot will not overwrite a contact's information unless there is a new value present in the CSV file."

We've exported our datase, cleaned it and now want to reupload it. So we need blank fields in the CSV file to delete any content that already exists in that same field in Hubspot.

How can you do this? Help says to go to Marketing to Contacts > Workflows, but this is not an option in my menu.

Thanks

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
MCampbell1
Lösung
Mitglied

lösung

I'm not sure of a direct answer to your query here but dealing with the same issue, I used a work around:

1) In your CSV file add a new column, populate this column with a common word, such as 'Blank Edit' and name the column 'CSV Bulk Clear' or something like that.

2) Now go to your bulk upload and create a new field corresponding with the new column on your CSV.

3) Only use the ID and this new column in your bulk upload so you only edit this column alone.

4) Now you should be able to go to Bulk Edit and mass select only those with the 'Blank Edit' populated field. You can delete this field / property after you've made your changes.

I hope this helps!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
shannon
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hey @JDK, welcome aboard HubSpot Community!

Another alternative method would see you clear the values using the Bulk Edit function in contacts.

First, you'll want to pick out the group of contacts that you want to bulk edit. You can select them via the filtering options for contacts.

After selecting your target group of contacts, run a bulk edit (you can keep the value for the property to edit blank), and you should be all set!

FernandaPacheco
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi there, is there any way to clear data in a contact property when uploading info into HubSpot? The Bulk Edit option doesn't work for me as there are no common properties for filtering the contacts.

I have a checkboxes property that is not clearing up when the relevant column on the CSV file is empty. Is there a particular code to clear up fields?

Thank you,

Fernanda

0 Upvotes
MCampbell1
Lösung
Mitglied

lösung

I'm not sure of a direct answer to your query here but dealing with the same issue, I used a work around:

1) In your CSV file add a new column, populate this column with a common word, such as 'Blank Edit' and name the column 'CSV Bulk Clear' or something like that.

2) Now go to your bulk upload and create a new field corresponding with the new column on your CSV.

3) Only use the ID and this new column in your bulk upload so you only edit this column alone.

4) Now you should be able to go to Bulk Edit and mass select only those with the 'Blank Edit' populated field. You can delete this field / property after you've made your changes.

I hope this helps!