CRM

AElmeligy
Participant

Updating required properties before closing a task

SOLVE

Hi HS commuinty, 

Is there any way to obilgate updating some properties by users before marking a tesk as complete?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AElmeligy,

This is currently not possible, unfortunately, no. I can see however how useful this would be and you can request it from the product team by submitting a post in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

elizheleva
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi, @AElmeligy ,

whilst @karstenkoehler is right, until the Hubspot team develops the solution, you might want to consider creating a list of people that have an open task and the values of certain properties are missing. This way, whilst there's no way to make the properties required, you can keep track of when they were not filled in. You can then even use automation when a contact gets added to the list an email to be sent to the contact owner to prompt them to fill in the data.

I hope that helps,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
AElmeligy
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @elizheleva , this is actually a great idea . very appreciated 

0 Upvotes
elizheleva
Solution

SOLVE

Hi, @AElmeligy ,

whilst @karstenkoehler is right, until the Hubspot team develops the solution, you might want to consider creating a list of people that have an open task and the values of certain properties are missing. This way, whilst there's no way to make the properties required, you can keep track of when they were not filled in. You can then even use automation when a contact gets added to the list an email to be sent to the contact owner to prompt them to fill in the data.

I hope that helps,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AElmeligy,

This is currently not possible, unfortunately, no. I can see however how useful this would be and you can request it from the product team by submitting a post in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren