CRM

Joacimbr
Participant

Updating lists with missing values in a import

Résolue

Hi,

I want to update a static list over contacts in HubSpot based on a status/role they in another software every month. So I have to do an import from a export of that other software. But often some of the contacts has left that other software, and will therfore not apear in a export. 

So how do I update my contacts custom field in that lists when they are not in the new export? Or how do I detect who is missing, and then remove them from the lists/update the custom field to "0"? OR is there some other clever solutions to a problem like this?

1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @Joacimbr,

Is there a reason why you would not just create a new list from your latest import? Based on the email address, HubSpot will automatically update any existing contacts in HubSpot. (If a contact is updated via an import, all occurrences of the contact will be updated, including older lists.)

If you want to find the difference between your previous static list and your new import list, you would use a third list. In that third list, filter for contacts who are a member of your previous static list and who are not a member of your new import list. This third list would then return all contacts to you who have since been deleted in your other system.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @Joacimbr,

Is there a reason why you would not just create a new list from your latest import? Based on the email address, HubSpot will automatically update any existing contacts in HubSpot. (If a contact is updated via an import, all occurrences of the contact will be updated, including older lists.)

If you want to find the difference between your previous static list and your new import list, you would use a third list. In that third list, filter for contacts who are a member of your previous static list and who are not a member of your new import list. This third list would then return all contacts to you who have since been deleted in your other system.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Joacimbr
Participant

Résolue

Yes, that will work! A little more work than I would like, but absolutly a solution 🙂 I hoped that I could update a custom field directly somehow, but I guess I would need a integration or something for that.