CRM

payers

Updating Lifecycle Stage based on Lead Status

SOLVE

Hello. I am trying to change the lifecycle stage, from Lead to Subscriber, on a list of existing contacts. I found some documentation that said I could use the import functionality and set the lifecycle stage at that point. I've tried that but the lifecycle value does not change. Is there a missing step?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @payers

In HubSpot, lifecycle is designed to only go forward. In order to move it backward, you must first clear it, or change it one by one. 

If your contacts are already in HubSpot, you can use bulk edit to change the lifecycle stage on mulitple contacts in one go: How do I bulk edit contacts, companies, tasks, or deals?

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @payers

In HubSpot, lifecycle is designed to only go forward. In order to move it backward, you must first clear it, or change it one by one. 

If your contacts are already in HubSpot, you can use bulk edit to change the lifecycle stage on mulitple contacts in one go: How do I bulk edit contacts, companies, tasks, or deals?

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
payers

SOLVE

Phil,

Thanks for the quick response. I wanted to move the lifecycle stage forward. I tried the bulk edit and that worked.

Thanks again.

Pam

0 Upvotes