Updating Deal Stage based on Meeting Booked

nickgoloborodko
Contributor

Hi,

I need to automatically update a deal stage based on a meeting being booked through a meetings app.

What is the best way to achieve that?

Thanks,

Nick

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @nickgoloborodko

Can you share what HubSpot poducts you have access to? 

The only automated task in relation to meetings would be creating a deal by using the 'last meeting date' contact property through a workflow, however that would only be if you were creating the deal for the first time. 

Another workaround could be to use a workflow to create a task after a meeting is booked to manually update the deal stage. 

@tms0003 and @A2Ben do you have any suggestions for streamlining how to work with deals and meetings, or how to work HubSpot's sales tools into the deal's lifecycle? 

0 Upvotes
nickgoloborodko
Contributor

I have ended up creating a workflow to trigger based on the last_meeting_booked property.

The workflow invoked the custom Webhook code that I have developed that automatically updates that Deals stage through the API.

It does sounds like a fairly common usecase - that probably should be able to be handled using the build in HS functionality, rather than having to go through the extra layer of complexity that I have had to in this case.

Thanks,

Nick

Maret
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hey,

This does seem to be possible with a simple workflow (now)?

Create a Deal Based workflow:

Trigger: Activity

- Meeting source is any of "meeting synced from calendar to CRM", "meeting created on calendar from CRM" or "Meetings (embedded)"

and

- Meeting name is known/contains "xyz" (for further filtering)

Output:

Set property "Deal Pipeline and Stage" to "xyz"

Hope that helps!

M

David739
Participant

I have a similiar issue. I am trying to create a deal when a meeting is booked. I can do this with a workflow but for only one instance and cannot re-enroll contacts that have multiple meetings over different sales cycles due to repeat custom. 

Ideally I would like to be able to edit meeting type fields and use this as a trigger to create a deal. 

0 Upvotes
solarjc

This is my main issue too, I can't get re-enrollment to work.  Did you figure anything out David? 

Triggering the workflow only once seems flawed.  I would imagine that it would confuse the end user because sometimes booked meetings would trigger a workflow, and othertimes not, and given the volume of customers it isn't reasonable to expect the user to remember if a meeting had already been booked once.  

This is a bit of an on going isssue I have with workflows in general.  Re-enrollment triggers are pretty limited.  

0 Upvotes
ITMarketer
Contributor

Unfortuntely, re-enrollment does not work in workflows that are cross-property. So- contact property to deal property can't be auto re-enrolled based on a trigger. But, contact to contact or deal to deal property can be. Wondering if instead of creating a deal when a meeting is set you could create a task telling them to make the deal? Then they could log meetings/calls on the deal records versus contact record.

solarjc

Ok that helps a little.  I didn't realize that the fact that it was cross property was what was preventing re-enrolment. 

Unfortunately that doesn't solve my current project that I think I was not super clear on in my previous post.  So specifically I am trying to have a Hubspot support ticket move to a "Meeting Booked" status when the "date of last meeting booked in meetings tool" property gets update.  It woud be ideal to have this be able to retrigger whenever the property was updated, but that seems to not be possible.  If I make a ticket property to enable the re-enrolling it doesn't really solve the issue because I still can't trigger any events off of that date of last meeting booked property.  

0 Upvotes
Rychekl

Hi Maret,

I'm just getting into Hubspot and was thinking about the same thing. Would this be possible with Hubspot Sales hub starter or would I need professional/enterprise to use the simple workflow feature?

0 Upvotes