CRM

SJeremias
Contributor

Updating Companys & Contacts

SOLVE

i have a workflow in place to copy the company's addresses to their contacts, IF there is no known address.

Now, what to do if we update the company with its new address, how can i handle updating all its contacts??  

any input is greatly appreciative!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SJeremias,

This would require custom code (available in Operations Hub Professional) and the help of a developer. HubSpot workflows cannot compare two fields, only check if they're known or unknown.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
SJeremias
Contributor

SOLVE

ah..so my thinking of logic wouldnt work on my own.  THANK YOU very much for your input!! its really greatly appreciated!

0 Upvotes
SJeremias
Contributor

SOLVE

thank you.

so if the company updates its adress i would like to update all their contacts (which should have an address now) BUT if there is a company that has a different address i need to leave that alone.

oh wow. i think i just walked myself thru this.  logic. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SJeremias,

This would require custom code (available in Operations Hub Professional) and the help of a developer. HubSpot workflows cannot compare two fields, only check if they're known or unknown.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
SJeremias
Contributor

SOLVE

sure - so i setup this WF to populate the addresses of their contacts IF their was none. 

the issue now and i have this set to not re-enroll as i didnt want to overwrite different locations.update Contact address with its company address.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SJeremias,

Can you maybe provide a bit more detail about what exactly you'd like to achieve? Do you want to automatically update the contact's address or not? If yes, under which circumstances?

If there is not a rule to it and if it requires human judging, you'll have to do it manually.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SJeremias,

For these scenarios, HubSpot has re-enrollment: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/add-re-enrollment-triggers-to-a-workflow

Depending on which trigger type you chose, you would either enable re-enrollment for "[name of your property] is known" or you would re-enroll based on a changed value in this property. When you open the re-enrollment settings (see link above), you should see what I'm talking about.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
SJeremias
Contributor

SOLVE

i should have also mentioned that at times there will be different addresses for the contact - sorry about that - where say the company is located in Canada, but this contact resides in the US.  that would have made more sense to the question!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SJeremias,

I'm not sure I'm following. Can you please share a screenshot of your workflow?

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes