CRM

JQuijano
Participant

Updating Company Owner via Bulk Import

SOLVE

I have this problem where I need to change the company owner to empty or unassigned. I'm using the Company ID and Company Owner properties. I tried the keyword "No owner", "Unassigned" or just an empty field for the Company Owner propeties and yet after importing, HS told me that they failed to upload it due to that Company Owner property is undetectable. What keyword should I use to change ownership to none for Company Owner properties? Thank you

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JQuijano,

The easiest way to do this would be to import those records (without an owner column) and clear the property after the import.

After importing the file, you can scroll down a bit in the import section of the tool. Hover over the import and click "View companies". You'll be redirected to the company index page, pre-filtered to show only the imported companies. (Below a screenshot of a contact import.)

karstenkoehler_1-1639652385607.png

Now follow these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-can-i-bulk-edit-contacts-companies-deals-or-tasks#edit-r...

Simply set the Company owner property to "No owner":

karstenkoehler_0-1639652356955.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
RBozeman
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @JQuijano,

I replied to one of your earlier threads but wanted to share some context here. Not sure if this feature is something that you are still looking for. You can, as Karsten mentioned above, use that process to bulk update owners but it is a bit time-consuming to set all the filters and run the process after each import. 

Using Insycle (full disclosure, I work there), you can bulk update any particular field on import. So you could easily wipe your Owner fields while importing information, saving you time on the process just mentioned. 

Additionally, you can add contacts to lists, format fields, associate contacts, and find & replace data directly when imorting, so that the data is consistent and the way that you would like it when it hits HubSpot. 

Thanks!

Ryan

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JQuijano,

The easiest way to do this would be to import those records (without an owner column) and clear the property after the import.

After importing the file, you can scroll down a bit in the import section of the tool. Hover over the import and click "View companies". You'll be redirected to the company index page, pre-filtered to show only the imported companies. (Below a screenshot of a contact import.)

karstenkoehler_1-1639652385607.png

Now follow these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-can-i-bulk-edit-contacts-companies-deals-or-tasks#edit-r...

Simply set the Company owner property to "No owner":

karstenkoehler_0-1639652356955.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JQuijano
Participant

SOLVE

Oh I see. So I need to collect all the Companies I need and edit it after the import. I just thought that it would be possible directly for bulk import. Thank you for this help Karsten 🙂

0 Upvotes