CRM

Stacey_S

Updating About section in Contacts

SOLVE

I am an Admin for our Hubspot account.  I have updated the About section for our Contacts records, which includes changing the fields that are shown, along with the order in which they appear.

These updates aren't being reflected in the other team members accounts.  How long should it take for all users to see these changes?

Do they need to log out and back in again to see

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Stacey_S,

Not all users will automatically see your newly set About section. When an administrator changes the default properties, this will not always update the entire section for all users.

Users who have previously modified their About section will see newly added default properties appended to the bottom of the card. Properties removed by the administrator will stay in the section. (see here and here)

However, users can reset their About section by clicking View all properties and Reset to account defaults.

Generally, these changes should take effect after logging out and back in.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @Stacey_S,

When your user resets the view to the account defaults, this will apply to all contact records.

reset.gif

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Stacey_S

SOLVE

Hi Karston,  thanks for replying to my question.  I was wondering if you could clarify something for me.  I know that the person who isn't seeing the changes that I have made has not modified the 'About' section herself.  Therefore when you say "However, users can reset their About section by clicking View all properties and Reset to account defaults." do you mean that she has to go into each individual record to do this, or is there some way of her being able to 'Reset to account defaults' for all the contacts?

Thanks,

Stacey

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @Stacey_S,

When your user resets the view to the account defaults, this will apply to all contact records.

reset.gif

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Stacey_S

SOLVE

Hi Karsten.  Thanks for getting back to me.  That's great if it resets the default view for all the contacts.  I'll ask her to try that and then if it works, I'll come back and Accept as Solution.

Thanks,

Stacey

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Stacey_S,

Not all users will automatically see your newly set About section. When an administrator changes the default properties, this will not always update the entire section for all users.

Users who have previously modified their About section will see newly added default properties appended to the bottom of the card. Properties removed by the administrator will stay in the section. (see here and here)

However, users can reset their About section by clicking View all properties and Reset to account defaults.

Generally, these changes should take effect after logging out and back in.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler