CRM

Dogtag89
Contributor

Update primary email via form and workflow

SOLVE

I am aware of being able to add a secondary email or updating the primary one via the hubspot front end. I am curious how others have dealt with giving their contacts the option to update their contact details via a form - specifically for the email field? 

I was thinking about created a new property to capture a seconday email within a form and then updating the primary one via a workflow if it is possible. 
Failing that, the workflow could notify a team member about the desired email update request via slack or hubspot notification. 
Has anyone done something similar? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
natsumimori
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Dogtag89 ,

Thank you for sharing your query.

If the cookie is still in the contact's browser, new form submission will overwrite the email property. Hence, you won't need to create a new property nor workflow (in my opinion). 

Is there a specific reason to utilze a workflow to update the primary email address by capturing the value as a secondary email address??

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
dianna
Contributor

SOLVE

I would like to have this same functionality, but for a different reason. We connect our Wordpress site to HubSpot with WPFusion. If a user/contact updates their email address in Wordpress, instead of HubSpot updating the contact's primary email address to the new email, it instead adds the new email address as a secondary email address. So then when the user goes to log back in to Wordpress, WPFusion is not recognizing their lists in HubSpot because WPFusion can only see the primary email field. This is a huge problem, as many pages and courses use WPFusion lists that import from Hubspot. I really need help. I thought I could create a workflow that would update the primary email, but it's not possible. Alternatively, I thought I could at least create a notification for my team to be notified when someone changes their password so they can at least manually set the new password to default in HubSpot. However, there is no way to trigger a workflow when a contact property is edited. Please help!

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Dogtag89 ,

Thank you for sharing your query.

If the cookie is still in the contact's browser, new form submission will overwrite the email property. Hence, you won't need to create a new property nor workflow (in my opinion). 

Is there a specific reason to utilze a workflow to update the primary email address by capturing the value as a secondary email address??

Dogtag89
Contributor

SOLVE

I didn't know that if the cookie is present it would update he email field, i thought it would just create a new contact - but this actually makes more sense 🙂 

Does it put the old email as a secondary email or simply replace it? 
Sometimes contacts have multiple email accounts, and I am refering to a scenario where a previous email is not obsolete but they have one that they currently check more often. 

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Dogtag89 ,

It would put the old email address as a secondary address and the new one as a primary address. You can test this using an incognito window to make sure the behavior is matching with your wishing action:)