CRM

johannes-m
Contributeur

Update deal amount automatically

Résolue

Hi there,

Upon line item creation(plus associate with Deal), update, delete I want to automatically update the deal amount as well.

I can see this functionality in the UI as shown below. Is it possible through API call?

image.png

Notes: Looking for a solution except updating the deal amount which was calculated from outside Hubspot via deal PATCH request.

Thank you!

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

Hey @johannes-m

the amount that gets updated is dependent on what you chose in the settings. But all the different types like TCV, MRR etc. get calculated automatically and saved in the respective default Deal properties.

You can simply copy the amount type (e.g. total contract value) to your amount property. You can do that over the API or just a workflow even. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
ChrisoKlepke
Solution

Résolue

Hey @johannes-m

the amount that gets updated is dependent on what you chose in the settings. But all the different types like TCV, MRR etc. get calculated automatically and saved in the respective default Deal properties.

You can simply copy the amount type (e.g. total contract value) to your amount property. You can do that over the API or just a workflow even. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

johannes-m
Contributeur

Résolue

@ChrisoKlepke Thank you for your reply.

Can you please guild me on how to get 'Deal amount calculation preference' from the settings? I guess it's a global setting for the entire account.

I noticed that there is a deal field called 'hs_deal_amount_calculation_preference'. But always gets null for that property in the get deal by id API call regardless of the setting.

Thank you!

0 Votes
HubDoPete
Guide | Partenaire solutions Gold
Guide | Partenaire solutions Gold

Résolue

Hi Johannes,

Did you get this set up? This help article explains how to create a deal-based workflow to update the deal amount each time ACV, TCV, ARR or MRR changes.

https://help.hubdo.com/dopricer/set-deal-amount

We wrote the article because our DoPricer app updates HubSpot line items with the discounts or prices each company is entitled to. So we update the deal amount after discount or price changes are applied to new line items.

So whether you use DoPricer or not, this is a simple way to update the deal amount without having to interrupt sales reps in the UI. Using a workflow also gives you control to choose different methods per sales pipeline.

Is this an appropriate solution for your original request?

best

Pete

best

Pete

0 Votes