CRM

ploklue
Participant

Update company property domain name when contact property "company name" is updated

SOLVE

Is it possible to update the company property "company domain name" automatically when the contact property "new company URL" or the contact property "Company Name" are updated?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Update company property domain name when contact property "company name" is updated

SOLVE

Hi @ploklue,

Yes, this can be achieved with a contact-based workflow. I've used Website URL as a source property but it could be any other single-line text field.

karstenkoehler_0-1619507073092.png

You'd have to set re-enrollment as in my screenshot below:

karstenkoehler_1-1619507125023.png

HubSpot will interpet "is known" as "has been updated" or "has changed".

Keep in mind that HubSpot contact/company association is based on the Company domain name property – and object association is fundamental to most portals. Automatically updating the Company domain name might have unintended consequences, depending on how you've set up automatic association in your portal.

In any case, you want to test this on one or two test contacts (limit enrollment to one contact by adding "Email is any of [your test email address]". Only after confirming that this workflow behaves exactly the way you want it to, I would unleash it on your entire database. HubSpot will ruthlessly update the Company domain name and while you can revert bulk changes, the whole process can cause a lot of headache.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ploklue,

Yes, this can be achieved with a contact-based workflow. I've used Website URL as a source property but it could be any other single-line text field.

karstenkoehler_0-1619507073092.png

You'd have to set re-enrollment as in my screenshot below:

karstenkoehler_1-1619507125023.png

HubSpot will interpet "is known" as "has been updated" or "has changed".

Keep in mind that HubSpot contact/company association is based on the Company domain name property – and object association is fundamental to most portals. Automatically updating the Company domain name might have unintended consequences, depending on how you've set up automatic association in your portal.

In any case, you want to test this on one or two test contacts (limit enrollment to one contact by adding "Email is any of [your test email address]". Only after confirming that this workflow behaves exactly the way you want it to, I would unleash it on your entire database. HubSpot will ruthlessly update the Company domain name and while you can revert bulk changes, the whole process can cause a lot of headache.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ploklue
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten!