Update call associations automatically

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

After associating a company to a deal, calls logged are not being automatically associated to the company too. Could this be made so it automatically updates all records to the newly-associated company?

Case use: We are measuring outbound calls made; but if a user logs a call from within the deal and fails to associate a company to the deal prior to logging the call, we have to backtrack and associate said calls to the company.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Regular Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @MastersFred,

This automatic logging of calls should be happening on deals and companies. I have double checked my portal as well as a few clients, and it is functioning appropriately. 

Can you double check that the contact is still associated with both the company and the deal? Also, down in the bottom right of a call log, there is a dropdown to choose which associations you would like to log it to. Please be sure that the associations are selected properly.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

If the deal is associated to a contact and a company prior to placing the call, everything is kosher. It's moreso when the call is placed within a deal prior to associating a company. 

That logged call stays associated to the contact and deal only. 

0 Upvotes
Regular Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Oh, gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding.  Unfortunately I don't have a good answer for you then other than making sure the reps understand the importance of those associations. 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes