CRM

rob3139

Update a Contact property automatically based on which custom form they filled in

SOLVE

Hi,

Is it possible to update a Contact property automatically based on which custom form they filled in?

I have three custom forms with different IDs and would like to have that information stored on the contact so I can group them together - if there is a better way to do this than updating the property please let me know!

Thanks,

Rob

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Update a Contact property automatically based on which custom form they filled in

SOLVE

Hi @rob3139 

The simplest way to achieve this would be to add the custom contact property as a hidden field on your form and set the value correctly at the point of submission - if your set-up supports this. 

Failing that, you would need to use a workflow to set the property based on which form was submitted. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @rob3139 

The simplest way to achieve this would be to add the custom contact property as a hidden field on your form and set the value correctly at the point of submission - if your set-up supports this. 

Failing that, you would need to use a workflow to set the property based on which form was submitted. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency