CRM

SComeau
Contributeur de premier rang

Update Line Item Name

Résolue

We recently changed the name of a product EX: XYZ to ZYX.

Is there a way to mass update the line items in all Deals to reflect this change? I changed the name inside products but the line items did not update so they contain the old name which is super confusing to our users and reporting. Any ideas?

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
SComeau
Solution

Update Line Item Name

Résolue

I actually figured out a way to do it! I ran a report of all Deals containing "XYZ" line item and exported it to Excel. I made sure I had the Deal Record ID and the LineItem Record ID. I changed the name of the product line item on all those Deals to "ZYX" and then reimported the data into HubSpot while mapping over all the fields. It worked perfectly! I essentially didn't want to import all new line items, I just wanted to change the name to reflect the new one.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
MPenfold
Contributeur

Update Line Item Name

Résolue

For anyone else that gets a little stuck with this, as I did, you need to make sure that you do a multiple object import and then the options include both deals and line items. If you just do single object import, the "Line items" option doesn't appear. As @SComeau said, once you do this and you use both the Deal and Line Item Record IDs, you can simply import to bulk update the line items including (as I needed to do) to fill in a new property on the line items. 

MPenfold_0-1701774672463.png

0 Votes
D-Janis
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Update Line Item Name

Résolue

This is from the create products in the product library  knowledge base article.

• Line items: when you associate a product with a deal record or a quote, you are associating one instance of that product as a unique line item. The line item is no longer connected to the product, and any updates to the original product's information in the product library will not apply to the line items that are already associated with your deal records.

In other words, once a line item exists, it is it's own entity and no longer has a relationship with the product it was created from.

To answer your question, unfortunately no, there is no way to mass change line item names within deals. You would have to go in and manually remove the old line item, and add a new line item with the new product name. 

SComeau
Solution

Update Line Item Name

Résolue

I actually figured out a way to do it! I ran a report of all Deals containing "XYZ" line item and exported it to Excel. I made sure I had the Deal Record ID and the LineItem Record ID. I changed the name of the product line item on all those Deals to "ZYX" and then reimported the data into HubSpot while mapping over all the fields. It worked perfectly! I essentially didn't want to import all new line items, I just wanted to change the name to reflect the new one.