Update Contact Timeline via Zapier or API

Curious if it is possible to update a Contact's Activity timeline through Zapier or any other method.  Reason I am asking is because I use an SMS product to message with my partners and I would like them that chat thread to show up in the activity timeline similar to email and other calendar events.

4 Replies 4
Regular Contributor

Hello @nicbaughman,

Using zapier to add an event to a contacts timeline does not seems possible to do, I'm not seening anything that would suggest you are able to.

It you are up to the task you can create an application using their API to do this https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/timeline/timeline-overview.

What I've been doing is using workflows to leave a task on the timeline in lieu of a note since workflows can't leave a note on the timeline.

Hope this helps,

~Nickolas

0 Upvotes

Thanks for this!  So interesting.... Theoretically I could use the zap to add a customer to a workflow that creates a task with each message.

Not bad!  Thanks

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The only alternative I can think is using email but send via SMS. All US carriers have text codes ( 8865551212@txt.att.net ) and you could send messages to a cell from Hubspot as an email. Other than that, I don't think there is a solution yet, although, I'm sure SMS from Hubspot is something they are looking into launching at some point.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@nicbaughman -  One of our developers was able to create an API process for me that takes info from a spreadsheet uploaded to an internal url, and populate either a task or a note on a timeline.   Can't say how he did so, but at least I can confirm it is apparently possible!

0 Upvotes