CRM

moore71
Participant

Unsubscribe Link

SOLVE

I have read the document "Add an unsubscribe link to one-to-one emails" and had some questions.

The document says "Please note: an unsubscribe link will not be added to emails sent from Gmail or Outlook, even if you have the HubSpot sales extension installed. " but the links are most definitely being added as I can see the links in the emails in the sent folder of my connected Outlook account.

What exactly happens when a contact clicks on the link in an email? Is a note added to the contact record? Will I be prevented from sending that contact any more emails?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Unsubscribe Link

SOLVE

Hi @moore71,

At the end of your email, likely such a line is appended:

karstenkoehler_0-1638941595791.png

If a recipient clicks that, they can choose to unsubscribe from all email or sales email specifically:

karstenkoehler_0-1638941665993.png

In both cases, you would then see this when composing an email:

karstenkoehler_1-1638941735908.png

You then have the option to give a one-time legal basis to send a message to this contact:

karstenkoehler_2-1638941800086.png

After doing so, you can compose and send your email from HubSpot.

By default, however, HubSpot would exclude this contact automatically from any communication from your portal (marketing emails or sequences, for example).

Keep in mind, that you need to respect the choice of the recipient and should discuss this matter with a legal professional if you're in doubt about the legality of some of your emails. (This post does not constitute legal advice.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Unsubscribe Link

SOLVE

Hi @moore71,

At the end of your email, likely such a line is appended:

karstenkoehler_0-1638941595791.png

If a recipient clicks that, they can choose to unsubscribe from all email or sales email specifically:

karstenkoehler_0-1638941665993.png

In both cases, you would then see this when composing an email:

karstenkoehler_1-1638941735908.png

You then have the option to give a one-time legal basis to send a message to this contact:

karstenkoehler_2-1638941800086.png

After doing so, you can compose and send your email from HubSpot.

By default, however, HubSpot would exclude this contact automatically from any communication from your portal (marketing emails or sequences, for example).

Keep in mind, that you need to respect the choice of the recipient and should discuss this matter with a legal professional if you're in doubt about the legality of some of your emails. (This post does not constitute legal advice.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Unsubscribe Link

SOLVE

Hi @moore71 ,

When someone clicks on unsubscribe link, he/she will get an option to select which subscription he wants to be opted in and from which they want to get opted-out.

webdew_1-1638941332216.png

And according  to this, you will not be able to send one-to-one emails to the contact.

webdew_0-1638941299241.png

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.