CRM

supasnyder
Participant

Unknown Hubspot ID in BCC field - "Log in CRM" temporarily unavailable.

SOLVE

In outlook the default BCC is this, which is tied to my account is X@bcc.hubspot.com (X represents my acount number)

BUT it magically changed to be Y@bcc.hubspot.com (Y being a different number)

This just started happening at approximately 6pm EST today, as I can see the BCC changed in some emails I sent.  I did NOT change anything at all and I can see when I go to Hubspot my account is still X (X represents my account number) and any reference in my Hubspot account to my account is referencing X@bcc.hubspot.com

I have tried logging out of Hubspot in Outlook and then logging back in, as well as closing Outlook and re-opening and the same issue occurs in that now my BCC is going to Y@bcc.hubspot.com and NOT X@bcc.hubspot.com.  As a short term fix, I am manually deleting Y@bcc.hubspot.com and replacing it with X@bcc.hubspot.com

Please advise ASAP.  I’m VERY CONCERNED some other Hubspot user is now getting access to my emails I sent and seeing them in their account.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

STATUS UPDATE

CC: @supasnyder @Sadiq @Mayuur @vinnyp17 @A_Dekker

Sending automatically tracked emails from Outlook through BCC by checking the "Log in CRM" checkbox was temporarily unavailable on Dec 13, 04:34 EST.

This was because  the HUBID in the bcc address (HUBID@bcc.hubspot.com) was being replaced with the sender's ID instead. This issue has now been resolved. 

There are multiple checks in place to ensure that the person that sends an email is an active user in the portal that email is to be logged in. Therefore no email can be logged in an unknown portal.  There is no action or bounce-back of any sort for the bcc'd email if the user sending it is not an owner, however it does not get logged.

If you have any further concerns, please reach out to me directly. 

@vinnyp17 I'm not clear on who you spoke with or where they got there information, but I am happy to work with you and our technical support teams to address any concerns moving forward. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Sadiq
Participant

SOLVE

We are having the same issues

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

STATUS UPDATE

CC: @supasnyder @Sadiq @Mayuur @vinnyp17 @A_Dekker

Sending automatically tracked emails from Outlook through BCC by checking the "Log in CRM" checkbox was temporarily unavailable on Dec 13, 04:34 EST.

This was because  the HUBID in the bcc address (HUBID@bcc.hubspot.com) was being replaced with the sender's ID instead. This issue has now been resolved. 

There are multiple checks in place to ensure that the person that sends an email is an active user in the portal that email is to be logged in. Therefore no email can be logged in an unknown portal.  There is no action or bounce-back of any sort for the bcc'd email if the user sending it is not an owner, however it does not get logged.

If you have any further concerns, please reach out to me directly. 

@vinnyp17 I'm not clear on who you spoke with or where they got there information, but I am happy to work with you and our technical support teams to address any concerns moving forward. 

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @supasnyder@Sadiq@Mayuur@vinnyp17@A_Dekker

This incident effecting all users yesterday has been resolved, please post a question on this board if you are still having issues, as this might be sperate to the incident. 

Mayuur

SOLVE

Has this been resolved yet? I am still not able to forward my old e-mails to be implemented in the CRM system. Where can I find my Hubspot number where I can bcc to?

More importantly, did someone else receive the e-mails that I forwarded?

0 Upvotes
vinnyp17

SOLVE

I also had the same issue with a unusual bcc address in my outlook.

I did speak to someone in sales and they said the mystery hub id was in the Netherlands.

That really didnt sit well with me.

Can you confirm this isnt a security breach on your end?

0 Upvotes
A_Dekker

SOLVE

As of yesterday I have noticed that when opening a new email in Outlook the Bcc field is no longer pre-populated with the Hubspot ID (280...) that is linked to my account, but with a completely new ID (beginning with 412...). I cannot find reference to this ID anywhere, but obviously this needs to be fixed. I cannot be sending emails that then get tracked to someone else, inside or outside my organization. 

Please provide a solution!

0 Upvotes