CRM

luismm01
メンバー

Unique company

解決

Good morning, I am facing with a sales issue which is 2 different sales people created and contacted the same customer. Is there a way to prevent this? By using a field that, when filled, other person trying to create the same company is alerted that customer already exists. Could be VAT number. Thanks a lot

Luis

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
AdamLPW
解決策
キーアドバイザー

Unique company

解決

Hi @luismm01,

HubSpot differentiates companies based on domain (and contacts based on email).  If you already have a company "www.company.com" and someone tries to add a new company with the same domain, you'll get a pop-up saying :

"Gosh, that looks familiar. Did you mean:"

Then listing any existing companies with that same domain, below. 

I don't think there's anything you can do to prevent companies from being created with the same domain, but you can't create a contact with the same email as one that already exists.  There may be something you can do with Workflows (how I wish I had access to Workflows) - perhaps someone with a pro subscription could advise?

If you do end up with duplicate contacts or companies you can, of course, merge them.  Here are some links for merging contacts and merging companies.

Hope this helps.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2件の返信
AdamLPW
解決策
キーアドバイザー

Unique company

解決

Hi @luismm01,

HubSpot differentiates companies based on domain (and contacts based on email).  If you already have a company "www.company.com" and someone tries to add a new company with the same domain, you'll get a pop-up saying :

"Gosh, that looks familiar. Did you mean:"

Then listing any existing companies with that same domain, below. 

I don't think there's anything you can do to prevent companies from being created with the same domain, but you can't create a contact with the same email as one that already exists.  There may be something you can do with Workflows (how I wish I had access to Workflows) - perhaps someone with a pro subscription could advise?

If you do end up with duplicate contacts or companies you can, of course, merge them.  Here are some links for merging contacts and merging companies.

Hope this helps.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
WHoegerman
メンバー

Unique company

解決

Can someone tell me the exact property name of the domain property that will enforce uniqueness on Company records? (Is it the property named 'domain' or 'website'?)

0 いいね!