CRM

chamlam

Unique Identifier issue

SOLVE

I want to use Hubspot for a real estate project.  The excel that i want to import in Hubspot are properties with the property id as unique identifier.   Mail addresses are missing and therefore i don't know how to import this data.  I read that it is not possible to change the Hubspot mail unique indentifier.  Is there a way to solve this problem otherwise i can't use Hubspot.

1 Accepted solution
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Unique Identifier issue

SOLVE

Hi @chamlam,

There is no way to change the unique identifier. However it's entirely possible to import contacts without email addresses. All you need to ensure is that you have the "Email Address" column in your CSV file but keep it blank. It should create a contact accordingly minus an email.

Hope this helps,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
JérémieCath
Participant

Unique Identifier issue

SOLVE

Hi. Agree as well. Moreover, we use the import functionality (in update mode) to create lists in Hubspot (in case we don't have the data in Husbpot to do so) and we're restricted for now in using the technical Hubspot Id or the eMail wich is not great for our purposes

LPoupet
Participant

Unique Identifier issue

SOLVE

Hi, I totally agree on this. I have a database of customers identified by a unique ID and I would like to use this ID as a unique identifier. I hope the product team at Hubspot will consider this subject for future developments...

amsteiner
Participant

Unique Identifier issue

SOLVE

+1 -- an advanced user should be empowered to decide what a "unique identifer" is.

jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Unique Identifier issue

SOLVE

Hi @chamlam,

There is no way to change the unique identifier. However it's entirely possible to import contacts without email addresses. All you need to ensure is that you have the "Email Address" column in your CSV file but keep it blank. It should create a contact accordingly minus an email.

Hope this helps,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn
vinneo

Unique Identifier issue

SOLVE

How can a contact be automatically updated if the lead goes the second time after already being stored in the CRM before? Sometimes customers from Facebook send the form one more time after a period, so how can I see their contact updated after that?

TonyCheung

Unique Identifier issue

SOLVE

Hi Jack,

Is it possible to add more contact properties for duplication verification? such as mobile phone number.

Thanks,

Tony