CRM

GDamaren
Mitglied

Unenroll Contact from Sequence

lösung

Hi there,

We are looking to set custom ways of automatically unenrolling a contact from a sequence, aka when a deal is Closed Won, or Contact Lifecycle Stage becomes Customer.

From what I understand it is not possible to customize automatic unerollment from a sequence, and it's also not possible to reference sequence enrollment from a workflow.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/sequences/unenroll-from-sequence

Does anyone have an idea of a workaround on how to do this? Perhaps temporarily 'fake' the criteria for unenrollment- ie creating a workflow that temporarily unsubscribes a contact when they become a customer? Or is there a way with Zapier?

I spoke with HubSpot support, and they suggested just using a workflow instead of a sequence at all, but I would like to utilize the sequence functionality if possible. Or does it perhaps make more sense to just use a workflow?

Many thanks!

Gwen 

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @GDamaren,

Designing an automatic process here is tricky. As @PamCotton has already mentioned and as you've already noticed, this is not possible at this stage.

The only aspect of unenrollment that you can control is indeed unsubscription and potentially the legal basis for communication. It's not specifically mentioned in the list but I'd assume HubSpot to not send the email if you remove the communication consent for "Sales Email | One to One" via workflow (set it to "Not opted"). I haven't tested this and I'd recommend doing so thoroughly. Keep in mind that playing around with unsubscription and legal basis can have other unintended consequences if you're planning on sending more emails to this contact in the future.

The other workaround that I see is an email notification to the sales owner to manually unenroll the contact. With a workflow, you can enroll contacts who are Now in sequence and are associated with an open deal – and then send an internal email notification to the sales owner. Not ideal because it's manual but probably the best solution at the moment.

Thanks for tagging, @PamCotton!

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

Ian_Matt
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

@GDamaren this option is now available in workflows on the Sales Enterprise package 🙂

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

8 Antworten
Ian_Matt
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

@GDamaren this option is now available in workflows on the Sales Enterprise package 🙂

kvlschaefer
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Thanks for sharing this update, @Ian_Matt! 🙂 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
beckyhopkins
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Surely this is needed in other plans as well and not just enterprise! It's becoming increasingly common that features that are desperately needed or at least workarounds are not available to pro users

alexcomments
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I agree, such a simple feature. Literally the use case is:

- You have an onboarding questionnaire

- You want to follow up for users to complete it (you don't want to manually do it)

- The user completes it, you want to stop bothering the user -> unenroll from sequence.

karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @GDamaren,

This is now possible in Sales Hub Enterprise! See the screenshot of a contact-based workflow below:

karstenkoehler_0-1626499881782.png

Your workflow could look like this:

karstenkoehler_2-1626499953556.png

Let me know if you have any questions! You can help others find this information by accepting this as a solution. (I'd appreciate it!)

Have a great day

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JCatanach
Mitglied

lösung

Hi Karsten! This is only available for the enterprise level? Not professional? My team is far too small for enterprise functionality.  

We're product led and this would just be tedious and distracting work. 😕

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @GDamaren,

Designing an automatic process here is tricky. As @PamCotton has already mentioned and as you've already noticed, this is not possible at this stage.

The only aspect of unenrollment that you can control is indeed unsubscription and potentially the legal basis for communication. It's not specifically mentioned in the list but I'd assume HubSpot to not send the email if you remove the communication consent for "Sales Email | One to One" via workflow (set it to "Not opted"). I haven't tested this and I'd recommend doing so thoroughly. Keep in mind that playing around with unsubscription and legal basis can have other unintended consequences if you're planning on sending more emails to this contact in the future.

The other workaround that I see is an email notification to the sales owner to manually unenroll the contact. With a workflow, you can enroll contacts who are Now in sequence and are associated with an open deal – and then send an internal email notification to the sales owner. Not ideal because it's manual but probably the best solution at the moment.

Thanks for tagging, @PamCotton!

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @GDamaren, you are correct, at the moment there is not an automated way to have your sequences be unenrolled, the action needs to be done on the side of the contact.

I will add some top experts to this matter to share their thoughts @Josh @kcooper @karstenkoehler any other recommendations to @GDamaren matter?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !