Undo bulk edit

SOLVE
Happiness_is_ai
Participant

I have created a custom property/field called category. In here, I have several descriptive types of the business that companies conduct.  A company can and often do check several of these types.

The list of type of business became large, and I discovered after an import that 4 of the types where similar and I wanted to do a cleanup.

So I did a bulk edit, and within a second I realized that for each company, (that previously checked a variety of types of business), now they were only listed with one!

Any way I can restore the data? (I did the action first thing this morning, so everything up till yesterday should be ok)

I find it weird that bulk edit, instead of adding a type in the category field, instead deleted all present various types and set 1 new value for all of them.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Thought Leader | Partner

Hi @Happiness_is_ai,

Are you referring to a multiple checkboxes property? I'd agree, they don't behave intuitively. The default action is replacing, not appending values.

@jleow has written a great tutorial on revering bulk property changes here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tips-Tricks-Best-Practices/Reverting-Bulk-Property-Changes-by-Impor...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Hat mein Beitrag deine Frage beantwortet? Bitte hilf der Community und markiere ihn als Lösung.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Thought Leader | Partner

Hi @Happiness_is_ai,

Are you referring to a multiple checkboxes property? I'd agree, they don't behave intuitively. The default action is replacing, not appending values.

@jleow has written a great tutorial on revering bulk property changes here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tips-Tricks-Best-Practices/Reverting-Bulk-Property-Changes-by-Impor...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Hat mein Beitrag deine Frage beantwortet? Bitte hilf der Community und markiere ihn als Lösung.

View solution in original post

Happiness_is_ai
Participant

Exactly, multiple checkboxes property. Followed your tip, thank you. Glad that there is some sort of workaround, although not a quick fix. 

Lesson learned, I will be more careful in the future.

0 Upvotes