CRM

Happiness_is_ai
Participant

Undo bulk edit

SOLVE

I have created a custom property/field called category. In here, I have several descriptive types of the business that companies conduct.  A company can and often do check several of these types.

The list of type of business became large, and I discovered after an import that 4 of the types where similar and I wanted to do a cleanup.

So I did a bulk edit, and within a second I realized that for each company, (that previously checked a variety of types of business), now they were only listed with one!

Any way I can restore the data? (I did the action first thing this morning, so everything up till yesterday should be ok)

I find it weird that bulk edit, instead of adding a type in the category field, instead deleted all present various types and set 1 new value for all of them.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Undo bulk edit

SOLVE

Hi @Happiness_is_ai,

Are you referring to a multiple checkboxes property? I'd agree, they don't behave intuitively. The default action is replacing, not appending values.

@jleow has written a great tutorial on revering bulk property changes here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tips-Tricks-Best-Practices/Reverting-Bulk-Property-Changes-by-Impor...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
xanbo
Participant

Undo bulk edit

SOLVE

The info here was very helpful to me and helped me ssolve a problem. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Undo bulk edit

SOLVE

Hi @Happiness_is_ai,

Are you referring to a multiple checkboxes property? I'd agree, they don't behave intuitively. The default action is replacing, not appending values.

@jleow has written a great tutorial on revering bulk property changes here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tips-Tricks-Best-Practices/Reverting-Bulk-Property-Changes-by-Impor...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Happiness_is_ai
Participant

Undo bulk edit

SOLVE

Exactly, multiple checkboxes property. Followed your tip, thank you. Glad that there is some sort of workaround, although not a quick fix. 

Lesson learned, I will be more careful in the future.