CRM

KZacharaki

Unable to unbounce contact (from own company)

SOLVE

Hello,

I have read all the help related to the issue of unbouncing a contact, but looks like I can not have access to the support of Hubspot to hep me unbouncing the email addresses of our own company. Would be really helpful if you could advise what is the best way to unbounce email address of our own company.

Thanks 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @KZacharaki,

This is a paid feature, unfortunately. Contacts can only be unbounced in Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise, not free portals (see the "Applies to" box here).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
MMeier1

SOLVE

This is so annoying! We have a paid sales & support plan (we don't do marketing) a contact bounced because the was a typo in the mail address, now we cannot send sales 1:1 mails anymore from within Hubspot but need to go to the e-mail client...

RTurella
Participant

SOLVE

Same thing here. Got in touch with Support and no help provided. As BTMent, we CC people that need to be involved in sales or support conversations.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BTment,

Could you explain in which capacity you are emailing your own company's contacts? For internal messaging, there are usually other options than having contact records for employees and emailing them as you would external contacts.

And yes, it's unfortunate that unbouncing contacts is not a lower tier feature.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

jrhosseini
Participant

SOLVE

we regularly cc team member on an email to a customer... now that team member email is "bounced" and no way to unbounce them.. rendering us dysfunctional... we are quite a ways from growing our business, hubspot activity, and general comfort/trust for hubspot etc to the point that we are in a position to subscribe to those rather pricy subscription levels...  This "bug" that is cripling our team in hubspot could actually cause us to abandon hubspot all together. What if with one mail server error my own superuser superadmin is "Bounced" and i am also the principal of the company... suddenly no email can be cc'd to me.. 

0 Upvotes
BTment
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for your reply.

There are 2 main popular strong use cases I believe:

1) I manage my customer tickets on HubSpot and I sometimes need to attach my colleagues on particular issues, as I connect them with the customer and they step in to contribute.

2) I manage communication with prospect sales leads and we have emails back and forth. I often need to cc at least one of my colleagues as we handle that lead together.

So, it's not for 1:1 communication with my own colleagues, but it's more about involving my colleagues when we are managing comms with a customer/user and sales lead.

It's very frustrating that HubSpot marks my own domain as "bounced".  We are all HubSpot users with these emails, so all of them are officially registered on our HubSpot account. It's crazy that HubSpot marks its own user as "bounced", while it's clearly not. These guys login to HubSpot with those emails everyday, send/receive emails etc.

I could understand the logic to keep something as paid. But it's unbelievable that HubSpot marks its own registered user as bounced and expects us to pay to be able to fix it.

AdamLPW
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Yeah... as a Free user you're pretty much stuck - have to contact HubSpot support.  

Official response is "Like most email marketing providers, when you send to an email address that results in a hard bounce, we automatically stop sending to that email address in the future. This helps us protect your reputation as an email sender, and your ability to successfully deliver messages in the future."

There's an UnBounce button, but it's only available to Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise customers...

https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/unbounce-contacts

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @KZacharaki,

This is a paid feature, unfortunately. Contacts can only be unbounced in Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise, not free portals (see the "Applies to" box here).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

jrhosseini
Participant

SOLVE

This is a complete deal breaker...we are talking about our own team member for some reason, mail server or something an email once bounced.. not it is stuck forever.. our own team member. Now we are dysfunctional unable to cc emails to that team member from within hubspot... Understood for general email and marketing campaigns but for internal team members users... there must be a way to unbounce in the free version. We start on the free version journey and to be sure decisions to migrate to paid features will be based on the ease of use, and responsiveness at each level. This "bug" i will call it is shutting us down... to the point that we would have ask and anser the question to identify alternative products

0 Upvotes
BTment
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for your response, but isn't it crazy that we cannot unbounce contacts on the standard/free solution?

Especially since Hubspot somehow marks contacts from our very own domain as "bounced"?!?! Currently I cannot send emails to my own colleagues as they are marked bounced and Hubspot does not allow me to unbounce them.

Is there any other solution to this? Very frustrating...