CRM

SylviaWilla

UPDATING CONTACTS

SOLVE

Hi everybody, 

I did a really hard work to export all my hubspot contacts and clean the base. Indeed, some contacts had wrong e-mails or e-mail that are not working anymore (and I never had e-mails exchange with those contacts since I use Hubspot). 

Unfortunettely, I just realized that I can't update e-mail when I'am importing contacts that already existed on Hubspot. 

See-bellow : 

Capture d’écran 2018-08-29 à 16.05.08.png

When I change Email to E-mail (exactly the same property of Hubspot), they tell me It will not be uploaded because I am using Contact ID of my contacts > Of course, I want to actualizate this contact, I don't want to create a duplicate ! 

If anyone has an answer, you will save me ! I'am working on this base since the beginning of august! 😞

Thank you very much ! 

Sylvia

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
markkofman
Solution
Top Contributor

UPDATING CONTACTS

SOLVE

@SylviaWilla You can use  3rd party tool Import2 Wizard to initiate an update. To be able to update email address, you would need to use another field for matching, for example, HubSpot ID. If you were exporting from HubSpot, it should be included in the export. 

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
markkofman
Solution
Top Contributor

UPDATING CONTACTS

SOLVE

@SylviaWilla You can use  3rd party tool Import2 Wizard to initiate an update. To be able to update email address, you would need to use another field for matching, for example, HubSpot ID. If you were exporting from HubSpot, it should be included in the export. 

Hope this helps

0 Upvotes
SylviaWilla

UPDATING CONTACTS

SOLVE

@markkofman Thank you SO MUCH for the tips !!! It's worked !