CRM

pugwash
Participant

Trying to market to multiple companies- financial services......

Hi All, 

First post- be kind. 

We help clients sell their businesses and its creating a complexity that I can't work out how to solve. 

We have a very normal pipeline to win a new client- everyone would recognise it. 

We then take that client out to a global audience of potential acquirers (often in the same pool of potential clients that we market to). 

We research lists of acquirers outside of hubspot and can then import the list. We then call/email the list of acquirers, and eventually they sign an NDA, see marketing documents, make an offer for the business (which we negotiate), then one (or at most 2) move through due diligence to closing the transaction. This process is basically a sales funnel. 

The bit I'm struggling with is how to associate all these contacts with our client, then track the stages across multiple clients and multiple possible acquirers. 

I've looked at using deals, tickets, custom pipelines etc etc but keep coming up short. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
pugwash
Participant

Thanks Phil, 

There are other options than Hubspot, but I just love hubspots user friendliness- some of the things it does is just brilliant. 

Do you think we could get round it using Products? and make eash client effectively a product? managing acuirer pools isn't too hard as you can just create a list and then add tasks- but ideally you want to track the outcome of each transaction. i did think of setting upa  new pipeline and use deals- with every project being a different deal- but as you say that has some limitations.

can you have multiple deals relating to one product? 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @pugwash 

This is indeed very tricky - HubSpot really isn't built to support the broker kind of business model where there are two companies associated with a deal, but with different relationships to it and each other. 

But I think things are getting and will continue to get better. 

Right now I think you can:

• Associate multiple companies with a deal - but they are treated equally, probably the problem you came across already
  • Use a custom object to represent one of your company types - acquirier perhaps - but deal with some limitations around segmentation in lists and workflows

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency