Trying to import an Outlook .csv file

Fendermate
Participant

I get the warning that Hubspot only imports .csv files. Well I first exported my Outlook 2010 files in a .csv (windows) and retried in .csv (dos) format. I then imported it into Excel to insure all headers and data were correct. Then I tried Hubspot to import (Companies) the same file and it didn't like it.

I must be doing something wrong

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Fendermate
Participant

Do I have to edit the column headings in my Outlook.csv file with the same headings of the Hubspot Contact Properties?

One would think not.

I'm trying to figure out why Hubspot will not recognize or import my .csv file as a .csv file.

0 Upvotes
ashley_milne
Top Contributor

I see you haven’t received a reply yet. You may want to try this tool to check your CSV file for potential issues - it’s free and identifies formatting or data issues that don’t meet Hubspot requirements.

Fendermate
Participant

Thank you so much. It's a step in the right direction.

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Fendermate  Instructions for uploading contacts or companies via CSV are located here.  While this HubSpot Academy help page contains a link to a sample CSV file to check against yours.

You can also search CSV in the  the HubSpot Academy knowledge base for more information about specific upload errors. 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution