CRM

SLents

Trouble with importing

To complete your emails import, you need Email body and Email Direction as HubSpot properties. Please review your property mappings below or review the columns in your file.

I have no idea what to do here. I have been working on this for days and just cannot figure it out. Could someone help?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
EWood
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Trouble with importing

@SLents , happy Friday!

Thanks for reaching out to HubSpot Community! Glad to help here.

It sounds like you're trying to import emails onto contact records. Is that right? I'd like to share this article with you that helps provide steps on importing any object into HubSpot. When importing email activities those two columns are required in your import.

• "Emails: Email body (the text body of the email) and Email direction (either Incoming or Outgoing)."

At a bare minimium an email import would need to have the following columns - email address, email body and email direction. The file could look something like this.

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 2.33.12 PM.png

Then the mappings would look like this:

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 2.35.50 PM.png

You may also choose to include these Email properties if you'd like a few more details on your email activities imported:

• Email subject: the subject line of the email.
  • Email send status: the status of the email. Options include Bounced, Failed, Scheduled, Sending, or Sent.

Let me know if that helps you get started.

All the best,

Elyse