CRM

automatico

Triggering an automation off Deal data

Hi,

Is it possible to trigger an automation, say a sequence of email, when values in a Deal's custom field change?

Or based on a date saved in a Deal's custom field?

Cheers,

Lawrence

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
MatthewBoyd
Contributor | Elite Partner

Hey Lawrence, 

If you have Sales Pro or above, absolutely. 

Unfortunately, without it, you're pretty limited with what you can do using Contact/Company workflows. If you're looking to have to trigger only once, then you're good as gold using the "is known" option. 

Alternatively, if you're looking to use a "less than X days ago" enrollment criteria for a Deal Property, you can do this in a Company Workflow and set a property on all associated Contacts that will trigger your email series, as per the attached image. Unfortunately, still not possible to re-enroll based on this.

*EDIT* - To meet your context, "less than 1 day ago" could be changed out for "is more than 365 days ago" to send a 1 year post sale follow-up

img1.JPG

0 Upvotes
ShanePunt

Hi Laurence

Yes, it should be possible to trigger a workflow.

Can I ask do you have sales/ marketing pro or above?

If you have sales pro you can create a deal based workflow that when the criteria (the property changes) is met that workflow triggers.

If you have marketing pro you can possibly do something similar with contact workflows, but it's not as precise i.e. the criteria would be "any deal has the property". This is a bit more of a workaround hack.

Or you have a 3rd option to use a deal based workflow to trigger a contact-based workflow if you have both sales and marketing pro or above.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Shane

MPULL (Huble Digital)

https://www.mpull.com/

automatico

Thanks Shane - a little bit more context.

First, to answer your question: not yet.

I'm figuring out an integration to pass some order data from Magento to Hubspot via Zapier. 

I'm thinking to create a Deal for each order and save the product name and order date in custom fields (for thr Deal).

And then create an automation for firing off emails based on that data. For example, an email comms triggered when the date saved in that custom field is 12 months in the past.

So using Deals as a kind of database of product orders and have some automations triggered off order data.

0 Upvotes
ShanePunt

Hi Lawrence

From the sounds of things, it all is possible. I do this a lot for my e-commerce clients where there is an eCommerce integration into HubSpot. So you are definitely going down the right track. 

You will, however, need sales pro to be able to send the emails based on deal criteria. 

0 Upvotes