CRM

SCusack4
Contributor

Trigger a automatic email once a lead is assigned to a sales rep

SOLVE

Can someone walk me through  the best way to do the following:

Today we have customers who fill out a HubSpot signup form for new information. When the lead comes in the sales manager assigns the lead to a new sales rep. 

I want to use a workflow so that when he assigns the lead an automatic email goes out to the customer essentially asking them to book a meeting and providing a bit of overview of our product.  

The email that goes out should have a custom meeting link for the sales rep as well which is already setup. 

What is the best approach to build this out.

Thank You

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SCusack4,

This can be achieved quite quickly. Your contact-based workflow would look something like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1647362140844.png

The requirement of "less than 2 days ago" as otherwise all kinds of contacts would now receive the email, even if they submitted the form (potentially) years ago. You can of course change this.

In the email itself, you can use personalization tokens to personalize the sender information:

karstenkoehler_1-1647362230460.png

In the body of the email, add a personalization token for Contact owner. Once you select Contact owner, you should see these options:

karstenkoehler_2-1647362321749.png

HubSpot will automatically populating the correct meeting link for the recipient, as per the contact owner. Permitting that this owner has connected their calendar and set up their meeting link of course.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
SCusack4
Contributor

SOLVE

This worked perfect Karsten!  

0 Upvotes
SCusack4
Contributor

SOLVE

When I follow the above when I am creating the email it doesnt like the following:

1. There is no default value set for {{owner.fullname}}.
  2. The default of {{owner.email}} for the From address field is not a valid email address.

Do I need to add a default value for the tokens and if so what do I put in there?

Thank You

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Correct, @SCusack4, you need to set default values: you can find the instructions here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-do-i-create-default-values-for-my-personalization-tokens

You'll have to pick one person as a default. Effectively, this default will not be used as only contacts with a known owner will enroll in the workflow.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SCusack4,

This can be achieved quite quickly. Your contact-based workflow would look something like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1647362140844.png

The requirement of "less than 2 days ago" as otherwise all kinds of contacts would now receive the email, even if they submitted the form (potentially) years ago. You can of course change this.

In the email itself, you can use personalization tokens to personalize the sender information:

karstenkoehler_1-1647362230460.png

In the body of the email, add a personalization token for Contact owner. Once you select Contact owner, you should see these options:

karstenkoehler_2-1647362321749.png

HubSpot will automatically populating the correct meeting link for the recipient, as per the contact owner. Permitting that this owner has connected their calendar and set up their meeting link of course.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler