CRM

MerryxMM7
Contributor

Transfering contacts from one company to another

SOLVE

Is there a way of transferring contacts in bulk from one company to another?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
RBozeman
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

@MerryxMM7,

Gotcha, yes this should be fairly simple. So HubSpot doesn't have any features for bulk removal of associations (unless you use the API), so you'll have to do that manually. However, you can bulk associate by importing a CSV with your contacts and the correct association information included on the CSV. Here is the help article with context on this. 

Also wanted to mention that Insycle (full disclosure, I work for Insycle) allows you to add or remove associations in bulk without having to put together a CSV to do so. Additionally allows you to manage multiple-associations and labels as well. 

Let me know if you have any more questions, be happy to take a look and help.

Ryan

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Gotcha, @MerryxMM7.

Yes, there are different options, outlined here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-records#associate-records-in-bulk

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
RBozeman
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @MerryxMM7,

Need a little more context here. Are you talking about moving your contacts from one HubSpot account to a new HubSpot account? Or are you referring to associating contacts with companies inside HubSpot CRM?

Ryan

MerryxMM7
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @RBozeman , 
I'm talking about the association of contacts and companies inside Hubspot.

Company A has 100 contacts. Out of those 100, I want to move 34 of them to company B.
So in the end I get Company A with 66 contacts and Company B with 34. 
So just a transfer of contacts between companies which I think should be super basic stuff.

Thanks for the reply and the help. 

0 Upvotes
RBozeman
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

@MerryxMM7,

Gotcha, yes this should be fairly simple. So HubSpot doesn't have any features for bulk removal of associations (unless you use the API), so you'll have to do that manually. However, you can bulk associate by importing a CSV with your contacts and the correct association information included on the CSV. Here is the help article with context on this. 

Also wanted to mention that Insycle (full disclosure, I work for Insycle) allows you to add or remove associations in bulk without having to put together a CSV to do so. Additionally allows you to manage multiple-associations and labels as well. 

Let me know if you have any more questions, be happy to take a look and help.

Ryan

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MerryxMM7,

There is not a one-click migration feature, no, however there are integration partners which focus on this: HubSpot To HubSpot Migrator

There is also the old-school option of exporting all records and then importing them into the new portal.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MerryxMM7
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler , 

thank you for taking the time. However, you got my point wrong. My issue is just transferring contacts from Company A to Company B inside Hubspot. 🙂

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Gotcha, @MerryxMM7.

Yes, there are different options, outlined here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-records#associate-records-in-bulk

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler