CRM

RLV2525
Colaborador(a)

Transactional mail to Non-Marketing Contacts

resolver

Hi y'all,

Need your advise again. This time I have to send an e-mail to all the admins that are using our software regarding a scheduled update.

Most of the admin e-mail addresses are marked in Hubspot as 'Non-Marketing contacts', and I want to make a scheduled Transactional e-mail that is send to all the admins that are in a Static List. 

The moment of creation, Hubspot indicates that the mail will be send on the correct date and to the +700 admins. However, when I actual schedule the e-mail and go back to the overview of E-mails, it states that Hubspot will send the mail only to 46 recipients (whom are marked in the list as 'Marketing Contacts') and not to the +700 (see image).

Is this a glitch in the system or is the mail actually going to be send to 46 recipients instead of +700. If so, what to do?

Cheers!ScreenshotEmail2022Transactional.jpg

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @RLV2525,

Transactional emails will be delivered to non-marketing contacts, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/marketing-contacts#tools-that-only-work-with-marketing-contac...

There might however be other reasons why contacts are excluded:

Are you suppressing unengaged contacts in the Recipients tab of the email? If yes, you could uncheck the box. Otherwise HubSpot will exclude these contacts.

Are you using an exclusion / suppression list in the Recipients tab of the email? (Do not send to dropdown)

Have some of the contacts previously bounced? You can check by filtering your recipient list by "Email hard bounce reason is known".

Did you already hit your monthly email send limit? (5X marketing contact tier)

Do you have the double opt-in enabled in your portal but your contacts are not marked confirmed?

If none of these apply, I'd go ahead and send the email. Sometimes the recipients estimate is indeed off.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

franksteiner79
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hi @RLV2525 

Do you have the transactional email add-on from HubSpot and the subscription type for this email is also set to "transactional" email? I can't see that from the screenshot you shared.

I actually don't know from the top of my head if transactional emails allow for "not sending to unengaged" contacts. This is usually the most common case for a big difference in original list size and final sender size for emails.

Cheers

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
franksteiner79
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hi @RLV2525 

Do you have the transactional email add-on from HubSpot and the subscription type for this email is also set to "transactional" email? I can't see that from the screenshot you shared.

I actually don't know from the top of my head if transactional emails allow for "not sending to unengaged" contacts. This is usually the most common case for a big difference in original list size and final sender size for emails.

Cheers

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @RLV2525,

Transactional emails will be delivered to non-marketing contacts, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/marketing-contacts#tools-that-only-work-with-marketing-contac...

There might however be other reasons why contacts are excluded:

Are you suppressing unengaged contacts in the Recipients tab of the email? If yes, you could uncheck the box. Otherwise HubSpot will exclude these contacts.

Are you using an exclusion / suppression list in the Recipients tab of the email? (Do not send to dropdown)

Have some of the contacts previously bounced? You can check by filtering your recipient list by "Email hard bounce reason is known".

Did you already hit your monthly email send limit? (5X marketing contact tier)

Do you have the double opt-in enabled in your portal but your contacts are not marked confirmed?

If none of these apply, I'd go ahead and send the email. Sometimes the recipients estimate is indeed off.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.