CRM

ukjamesscott
Membre

Tracking training registrations

Résolue

I'm looking for some help from the community on how to use Hubspot to track training participants. 

We offer online and offline training courses and have between 10 and 25 people signed up for each course. We currently manage all of this outside of Hubspot but would like to bring it inside so we can use email templates, etc.

My question is the best way to track all of this. I thought about creating a deal for each training course (e.g. March Level 1) and then associating all the contacts that have signed up with that deal. Is that possible? Can you have 20 people from different companies all associated with a single deal?

Or is there another way that would be better?

Any thoughts?

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @ukjamesscott

Have you looked at using Eventbrite to manage your training events? The integration with HubSpot is very good - it will give you lots of event intelligence inside HubSpot and let you use HubSpot's emailing power, but it is better suited to seat/ticket managment as far as I can tell. 

You can associate contacts from different oganiations to the same deal, but I don't think this will be terribly effective.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
5 Réponses
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Résolue

Hi @ukjamesscott

Have you looked at using Eventbrite to manage your training events? The integration with HubSpot is very good - it will give you lots of event intelligence inside HubSpot and let you use HubSpot's emailing power, but it is better suited to seat/ticket managment as far as I can tell. 

You can associate contacts from different oganiations to the same deal, but I don't think this will be terribly effective.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Votes
ukjamesscott
Membre

Résolue

Hi Phil.

Thanks for your response. Yes, we've looked at Eventbrite but don't use it for a couple of reasons. We will not be switching.

Any other thoughts?

0 Votes
clawson
Participant

Résolue

Did you ever find an acceptable solution to this issue? We're in the process of setting up Hubspot and have the same problem. Did using the deal record work if you tried that?

Thanks!

0 Votes
ukjamesscott
Membre

Résolue

We never found a great solution. The deal hack I described above did work though - multiple contacts from different organizations, all assigned to a single deal. 

However now we've moved to just using lists, which is still a hack but works better in terms of triggering email flows to registrants.

clawson
Participant

Résolue

That's helpful. Thanks for the feedback!

0 Votes